Dirty South Snare Roll In Reason

thegHost

Can anyone help me with creating a dirty south snare roll in reason.... I'm not quick enough to play it on the keyboard and every time i try to sequence it out it just sounds like ****.... Any help would be greatly appreciated ...thanks

LazyLeft said:
you can try using the Redrum, and try work'n with the flam and the little red dots above the notes

yeah what he said... fill up, lets say, the last fournotes with snare in ReDrum, then turn the Flam knob all the way to the right. then turn on the flam at the appropriate note on top... probably all four of them though...

something like that

I always load the snare sample (if there's only one) into the NN-XT (I use it for all my drums) and copy it a few times, so it'll run from say C to F. Then I detune them all slightly - not very noticeable, but just so that it doesn't sound like the same sample on repeat. That way you can use two fingers and you don't have to be fast enough w/ one hand. But, if you still can't, just overdub it - play the first notes or whatever you can, let it loop back to where you were at, play the next notes that you can, overdub, repeat, until you finish the roll.

you can draw them out in the midi editor. its kind of hard to get the snap and time signature down, but once you get it, then its easy

Back