Cutting pads at next note in FL studio?

vection

How can I cut a pad so it doesn't reverb/delay etc into the next note (like .wavs have cut itself in the properties)

Thanks.

i'm not entirely sure what you mean, but maybe try bouncing out each note or chord separately and patch them together in the Playlist? also, i sometimes automate the reverb wet volume on my pads so that it's at 0 for the beginning of a note, but increases up through the note. just a thought.

if youre talking about the bassline, that sounds like just a few detuned saw waves played at a low octave, maybe some distortion added, and then a lowpass. keep the attack short, decay long, release non-existant, maybe add some slide. the more ethereal/ high-end part of it sounds like its a chord being held throughout with lots of stereo width (use chorus and reverb, also the Fruity Stereo Shaper is nice), and its sidechained to the kick. does that help at all?
EDIT: it also sounds like there might be a really really really heavily reverbed vocal sample, like an oooh or ahh, playing over the pad.

Last edited:
if youre talking about the bassline, that sounds like just a few detuned saw waves played at a low octave, maybe some distortion added, and then a lowpass. keep the attack short, decay long, release non-existant, maybe add some slide. the more ethereal/ high-end part of it sounds like its a chord being held throughout with lots of stereo width (use chorus and reverb, also the Fruity Stereo Shaper is nice), and its sidechained to the kick. does that help at all?

Very detailed answer, thank you!

set your release rate in your sampler/synth to be as quick as possible, minimise the decay of your reverbs (if any) as well....

you could also try rendering the sample with effects applied then reimport it as a new sound and set its polyphony to 1, or use the 'cut itself' option

Back