Creating Basses (Like in low-freq bass cd's, some Cash Money stuff)

Depends... Other MIDI controls can be connected to your velocity.
I just mean this: e.g. higher velocity can give higher cutoff frequency values (if your synth's patch is programmed like that of course).

But basically higher velocity gives higher volume...

Honestly if I want awesome bass, I don't go anywhere BUT my minimoog.

Everything else just doesn't have the same sound, tone, or character of a mini.

Minis are cool but they are not the only option, and just cuz you have a mini doesn't make you cool, or a good player, either. I had one, and sold it. I regret that, but it's life. Yes it does sound pretty nice, but to be honest, my bass sounds a THOUSAND times better than a mini, especially for making....bass. I've got synths that sound plenty sinky too, but as bad as minis are, they just don't capture the stink of the funk that your fingers can ooze out of every note on a real bass. After that, just filter the track, and viola...STANK!!!

Ape

I never said it made me great or cool - but your defensiveness is showing.

Anyways, a real bass and your fingers allow you to get that groove down without issue but it is not even close to the same tone as a mini. Put the bass through a mini filter, maybe, but still.

gzy said:
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with creating those clean bassnotes you hear on bass cd's.

I know i need an oscillator, but I think I'm having trouble with the amp envelope (i use Reason 2.0), and using the PEQ-2 equalizer.

I can get close to creating the bassnotes, but I can't get them to really make my speakers hum like the pros do. I just end up muffling some of my bass kicks and making other insturments sound muddy... What am I doing wrong???

As I stated in the beginning, I'm trying to create those clean basslines/notes that are heard in bass cd's, and for instance Juvenile's song "Ha"... that 'DooM DooDooM DooM DOOM' bass. I hope you guys know what I'm trying to say.

Any info, links to tutorials/threads, or help in any shape or form would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks Guys!!

[GZY]

on the triton, go to the 3030 bass. In the graphic eq effect, turn the lowest freq. all the way up. Next turn all the other freq, all the way down. same exact sound. Peace

ezekiel cyrus said:

on the triton, go to the 3030 bass. In the graphic eq effect, turn the lowest freq. all the way up. Next turn all the other freq, all the way down. same exact sound. Peace

god bless you...

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with creating those clean and punchy bassnotes using CubaseSX and some VST Intrument.

Id like to do something like those GMS Basses. Ex> GMS Vs RajaRam - Matrix.

I hope u can help me.

Thanx

yo, i just realized that it might be the last two freq....on the triton effect patch, not just the last one.

sorry, hope you figured it out

peace

Sup dawg,

I use Trilogy, that is ....ing sweeeet. You can use it for any kinda bass

Peace

Back