Common notes for strings

F

Fairfax

Can someone tell me common notes that string melodys are played in when it comes to rap n RnB thanks in advance.

there are no 'common notes' at all, u obviously don't know what ur doing if ur asking this and ur perception of how a track is created is not correct. You need to take lessons, study theory and practice.

Same goes for your 'common notes for lead synths' which there are none, it's just a melody on a lead synth, if you can't write a melody then ur buggered :)

Sorry I can't be more helpful, it's hard to point someone in a good direction if it's clear they don't know much about it, perhaps someone else might be able to guide you better, all I can say is read a few theory books and practice.

James you seem fed up and disgusted by Fairfax's lack of knowledge. Why is that? Is this not a learning forum?

Last edited:
try this as a general rule of thumb: anything that sounds good on piano will sound good on strings.

James McFadyen said:
there are no 'common notes' at all, u obviously don't know what ur doing if ur asking this and ur perception of how a track is created is not correct. You need to take lessons, study theory and practice.

Same goes for your 'common notes for lead synths' which there are none, it's just a melody on a lead synth, if you can't write a melody then ur buggered :)

Sorry I can't be more helpful, it's hard to point someone in a good direction if it's clear they don't know much about it, perhaps someone else might be able to guide you better, all I can say is read a few theory books and practice.

Ignore dipsh!t.

Anyways, Melodies go back with chords. You might want to ask what chord types do hip-hop/r'nb artists use. I see alot of flats and things. I'm not a huge hip-hop fan, but I can try to at least help.

Certin chord types work best with certain scales.

You can do research on what scales to use. I play guitar, so I can only help from that point-of-you, but the theroy is basically the same. I'm not going to type an essay about it, I'll let you do the research.

Chords also relate to notes in scales.

The C scale is: CDEFGABC, no flats or, sharps. The basic chord structure (3 notes) are based on a "tirad". The root note (C), the thrid (E) and the fifth (G). Thats a simple example.

It does help to get to know the notes, where they are located and what group they are in, it can help you build better melodies.

Hope that helps,

-Geoffrey.

Ajari said:
James you seem fed up and disgusted by Fairfax's lack of knowledge. Why is that? Is this not a learning forum?

when the answer is 'all the notes'
the question should be in newbie

wonpeace said:

when the answer is 'all the notes'
the question should be in newbie

That reminds me, mabye we should have a "newbie musicians" forum?

-Geoffrey

Back