Chord Stab Sound Wax 30003B

sambirch19

Hi guys, new here.

Been trying to replicate this Chord stab sound in "Wax 30003B" with no avail, its the same notes each time. I don't think its a triad as the tonality isn't happy or sad.

Any ideas?

Cheers
S!

sounds like a filtered house type piano playing A1-D2-A2 as the stacked chord

Middle C = MIDI note number 60 - C3 in most daws = c5 in fl and BiaB

Thanks Bandcoach will give it a try tonight, whats the best approach to figuring out these kind of chords as I find single notes and triad chords a lot easier.

this is one of those guitar type chords known as power chords but instead of root 5th-octave it is 5th-root-12th (12th is an octave plus a 5th) or root-4th-octave if you prefer

so it becomes a case of hearing the active tones in a 4th or 5th and then identifying the bass note of the grouping

Yes, so the fact that I identified that it wasn't a triad is a good step. How would you describe the sound of a two note chord?

In my frustration I just started adding more notes to make 4 and 5 note chords (ignoring stacked notes) in - i guess - what you would call an effort to get away from this 'happy' / 'sad' tonality of triads

I tend to think of it as guitar chord first - if you spend any time playing blues and rock stuff you hear these two forms all the time - it is still a triad because the octave is present so you are hearing stacked 4th/5th or 5th/4th - only time will improve your ability to hear these and identify them correctly

Back