chord progression help

shawty1

harmonic transcriptions aren't my thing, but i think i can hear some tritone substitution or a flat passing chord thrown in somewhere... not really sure. hard for me to do accurate transcriptions without a piano nearby truthfully.

any help is appreciated though.

I-V[sup]7[/sup][sub]/7[/sub]-vi[sup]7[/sup]-IV[sup]6[/sup]-V[sup]11[/sup] or I-V[sup]7[/sup][sub]/7[/sub]-ii[sup]7[/sup]-IV[sup]6[/sup]-V[sup]11[/sup]

E[sup]b[/sup]-B[sup]b7[/sup][sub]/D[/sub]-Cm[sup]7[/sup]-A[sup]b6[/sup]-B[sup]b11[/sup]

and at other times

E[sup]b[/sup]-B[sup]b7[/sup][sub]/D[/sub]-Fm[sup]7[/sup]-A[sup]b6[/sup]-B[sup]b11[/sup]

E[sup]b[/sup] = E[sup]b[/sup]-G-B[sup]b[/sup]
B[sup]b7[/sup][sub]/D[/sub] = B[sup]b[/sup]-D-F-A[sup]b[/sup] with a D in the bass
Cm[sup]7[/sup] = C-E[sup]b[/sup]-G-B[sup]b[/sup]
A[sup]b6[/sup] = A[sup]b[/sup]-C-E[sup]b[/sup]-F (essentially Fm[sup]7[/sup] in 1st inversion)
B[sup]b11[/sup] = B[sup]b[/sup]-D-F-A[sup]b[/sup]-C-E[sup]b[/sup] (essentially A[sup]b[/sup] over B[sup]b[/sup] - a polychord)
Fm[sup]7[/sup] = F-A[sup]b[/sup]-C-E[sup]b[/sup]

note that the E[sup]b[/sup] chord could just as easily be E[sup]bmaj9[/sup]

E[sup]bmaj9[/sup] = E[sup]b[/sup]-G-B[sup]b[/sup]-D-F

^^ thanks

I think I'm leaning on it being a EbMaj9 though ... with the bassline just walking down a halfstep. I think the entire bassline is:

Eb
D
G(octave down)
C(octave down)
D(same as before)

going to mess around with it some more.

have to disagree on the bass line as it it moves scalar E[sup]b[/sup]-D-C then down a 3rd to A[sup]b[/sup] and up a step to B[sup]b[/sup]

Back