"Chopped & Screwed"

dpinya said:
its even easier to chop on tables, set one of the copies of the record off a bout a second or less, then flip the fader back n forth at some parts. Seriouslly, get up off that codiene...

Didnt dj screw die from that syrup ****?

I had a child hood dumb idiot. I've learned plenty. I see you people will always stay idiots.

Pony_Slaystation said:

Yes. You just play two records at the same time with one 1/4 or 1/8 beat late and hit the crossfader back and forth, it's one of the most basic djing techniques. A step up from that would be actually scratching or beat-juggling.

Point made. I never said he invented it. I said he was a real DJ not a super newbie like these wav editors I see here. He made it into a style though. Get it. I have haters all on me in this board.

Edit: ima be nice

What do you do mr skazm? Do u make beats, rap, what?

And how old are you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Skazm said:

Point made. I never said he invented it. I said he was a real DJ not a super newbie like these wav editors I see here. He made it into a style though. Get it. I have haters all on me in this board.

No one said anything about wav editors except that you reverse something and slow the pitch down in it very easily. Another uninformed person trying to tell everyone off when they don't have their facts straight. Go back thru the posts no one said they use wav editors I just metioned that they can slow and reverse and that slow and reverse are nothing special.

and yes "What do you do mr skazm? Do u make beats, rap, what?"

Last edited:
no reason to fight about it...
If u dont like it, then dont listen to it. Van Gogh was not considered art during his own time...
...and Screw music goes much deeper than the music itself, its not about drugs or codine, its just about expression, like any other form of music. Its a lifestyle. Its the foundation for 95% of all Houston's rappers, its prolly 70% of whats in people's CD cases and guess what?...we prolly have Jay Z records screwed&chopped before you have them regular. LIke I said, if you dont know the background and culture about it, you are a fool to critisize it. Why do you judge a book by its cover?...you heard one slowed down song and "durr uhh thats not art" -stfu....Puffy is art though with his stolen ass beats....and so is every other producer up there who gets dough off other people's music...give me a break. Many of you dont know nothing about it but the tip of the iceberg so shutup. White people like it, black people like it, our radio stations play it, its all over the south already...wont be too long before you Noo Yokaz start jammin it too

Pony_Slaystation said:
Never heard of this whole "Chopped & Screwed" thing till I read the latest Scratch magazine, so I just downloaded a few "Chopped & Screwed" tracks......WOW!......they actually pitched a record down and chopped it up. I must say the results are spellbinding.

Two words people "Ground Breaking".

OH SNAP ! I just got this REALLY amazing idea to pitch records up 10 notes and reverse all the snares, I call it "butchered & chipmonked"............but only I can do it ! so **** you !

Dj Alvin the Butcher out !!!

LMAO....BUTCHERED AND CHIPMUNKED???!!! silly...not that i'd use it anyway, lol. But now that you told errbody, don't be surprised if it is used...lmao..is this a yoke?

Damn. There are alotta haters in here.

I can't really expect any "outsiders" to really understand or appreciate screw music but damn do they have to hate so hard? I just don't get it? What's not love about it?

If you don't like you damn sure don't have to but don't be a hater and an ass hole. Y'all ain't just commenting on music, y'all are commenting on a way of life.

DJ Screw wasn't the first person to play to slow a record down; he was the first person to stylize it and make it hot, just like Kanye wasn't the first person to take ol' a** obscure records, pitch 'em up and sample 'em, he was just the first person to really make it hot.

Anywayz, its no bigg secret how DJ Screw or Michael Watts screw **** especially if you're a DJ... and super-especially since Watts explained it all in the latest issue of Scratch.

dpinya said:
Edit: ima be nice

What do you do mr skazm? Do u make beats, rap, what?

And how old are you?

Did someone say something? Why would I talk to a hating SOB. I'm done with you. Don't worry what I do. You and the other guy. Don't worry about me or my age. I'm out.

na feu, queen of hearts, and skazm you all have low posts counts and seems like you haven't been on FP for to long lol.

screwed and chopped is a way of life lol you live your life screwed and chopped and everything plays in slow motion thru out your daily life and you jump back and forth and then rewind time all while your high in texas.

Ya like it good for ya stop trying to convince us we expressed our opinions and if ya don't like it oh well. We said we idn't like it leave it at that you keep trying to convince us that it's the greatest thing. Do you see alot of screwed and chopped posts on FP not really so don't be surprised when you get posts disliking it.

Go find a screwed and chopped forum and have yourself a good time there.

Last edited:
Dear H&R,

Hell ya my post reply count is low. I've only been a member since Feb 2005 so its only logical that my count is low. Besided that "crash" kinda brought me down.

Anyway i'm not trying to make anybody like nuthin in particular or feel no about it. Hell you don't have to like screw music and i ain't tryin to convert nobody our turn nobody out to this screw sh*t. At any rate i'm sure Screw and Watts and the rest of them cats don't give a damn if you like it or not so i sure as hell don't give a damn cuz those n*ggas are the ones with something gain (or lose) not me, and they made it far enough with the support of just one city.

My whole purpose was to add my two cents on something that i was hella familar with and share it with those among us that wasn't hip to this sh*t. Nobody really know the impact of it unless you live here.

So say what you will... :rolleyes:

H&R said:
na feu, queen of hearts, and skazm you all have low posts counts and seems like you haven't been on FP for to long lol.

screwed and chopped is a way of life lol you live your life screwed and chopped and everything plays in slow motion thru out your daily life and you jump back and forth and then rewind time all while your high in texas.

Ya like it good for ya stop trying to convince us we expressed our opinions and if ya don't like it oh well. We said we idn't like it leave it at that you keep trying to convince us that it's the greatest thing. Do you see alot of screwed and chopped posts on FP not really so don't be surprised when you get posts disliking it.

Go find a screwed and chopped forum and have yourself a good time there.

I have low posts so the world is ending. No one is trying to make you like it. Trying to explain why people like it is what I'm trying to do. Funny how something in my neighborhood can become something so big. I ain't worried. I know people who you probably jam out on the radio everyday. BAHAHAHA

Well your post obviously proves to us that you have nothing and that your an ignorant child.

Funny how something in your neighborhood became so big lol

Well I'm getting tired of talking to ignorant children so . . . say what you wanna say.

Last edited:
H&R said:
Well your post obviously proves to us that you have nothing and that your an ignorant child.

Funny how something in your neighborhood became so big lol

Well I'm getting tired of talking to ignorant children so . . . say what you wanna say.

Child? Far from it. Nothing? Faaaaar from it. Yes in my neighborhood. Get it. Quit hating. Is it hard to believe? Wussy. Bye wussy. Bye bye. Bye bye.

lol you posts make me feel bad for you. Were you deprived from a child hood, or a education? Stop posting, just go back to ejay and pretend your me.

Btw dj nice, im checking your tracks, im feeling "i know it", "times up"(i gotta have the sample from that!), and "return of the piff". You def got a ear for dope samples. If your feeling generous, could u let me know what track u got that "times up" sample off of?

Wals Kronkite said:

LMAO....BUTCHERED AND CHIPMUNKED???!!! silly...not that i'd use it anyway, lol. But now that you told errbody, don't be surprised if it is used...lmao..is this a yoke?

Yes...you are egg-xactly correct it was a yoke and the chicken's name that layed that egg is "Sarcasm".

Pony_Slaystation said:

Yes...you are egg-xactly correct it was a yoke and the chicken's name that layed that egg is "Sarcasm".

lol...but the funny thing is, someone on here is gonna take that concept and actually incorporate it with their ****...

dpinya said:
lol you posts make me feel bad for you. Were you deprived from a child hood, or a education? Stop posting, just go back to ejay and pretend your me.

Btw dj nice, im checking your tracks, im feeling "i know it", "times up"(i gotta have the sample from that!), and "return of the piff". You def got a ear for dope samples. If your feeling generous, could u let me know what track u got that "times up" sample off of?

Thanks for the feedback on my tracks glad to hear that your feeling them. Honestly I don't even know the original to "Time Up". I found an mp3 file which was like 10 min. long that had multip short samples from old songs and I took it from there. I wish I had the origianl so that way I could have sampled more from it and used in in the track.

Thanks again

Back