Can you make good music when you're stressed out?

It depends what im stressed about, cause sometimes i can channel that you know. Btw whats up, this is my first post

IVe made some of my best songs when ive been up all night reading and doing papers for college. I dont know why but after im done and still tired as **** they turn out excellent.

Good topic, man. I've spent a lot of time pondering the same thing because over the years I've definitely gone through lots of frustrating and stressful periods where I didn't get much music done.

But then I figured something out. Music is what makes me happy. Music is my passion and that's just it. I can now say that I am happy 99% of the time simply because I have learned to appreciate what I have and the beautiful things in my life.
I am broke as hell and living at parents right now after getting kicked out of my last girl's place. I have debt collectors calling regularly. My car might fail any day... and I'm happier than I've ever been! It's amazing. And no, I am not a "spiritual" person. I am in fact atheist. If you want inspiration, read Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion".

I got a couple HipHop beats up on my soundclick that you can check out:
soundclick.com/jagpaw

-JagPaw
follow me @t00l00
myspace.com/schauntiesbeats

it's probably different for everyone. I personally have to be in the right state of mind to make music. choosing the right sounds could be tedious work sometimes and requires patience, and stress doesn't help me with that at all.
I totatally agree with that. If found it is very difficult to find sounds and apply studio techniques when I'm stressed out about some ****..I got around this problem by having pre-pared tracks to work on when I am really not focused.It works out pretty well because the stress adds tension to a track that didnt have it before.
2xplatinum-beats.com

Yeah making template or having ideas pre done when your feeling creative and coming back to them when your not so creative can get the creativity flowing again.

I try not to build beats or create a new concept for a song when I have a very tight deadline.
I like to create music when I am relaxed. I have not however experimented the use of alcohol or other controlled substances.
Don't intend too

ya, when im stressed out..i look forward to making music...and freestyleing when i pissed is f**** spectactular...like obi said thou its not so much better just diffrent...gives my portfolio of music such depth and character making music in a varity of moods..and even settings...if i rearranged my room and or studio...i could swear my beats take a new form...

Back