Can someone teach me a lil theory?

Moralz

During my sophomore yr I took music theory and did well in it. I didn't want to take adv theory my jr yr cuz of my teacher. Lame reason but she was always coming in the class room on some shyt. Always in a bad mood and she said so herself. Anyways, I'm taking advanced music theory for my senior yr and she warned me that it would be kind of quick. I kind of lost all sense of theory but if someone could let me know just a few basics. For instance, What notes are these for touch
Emaj7/F#
Dmaj7/F#
Dmaj7/E
Cmaj7/F
California posted that up in a thread in the hip hop n rnb forum. Those are the chords for touch. What are the piano notes for that? There was a site that I knew but I can't find it. if anyone knows a good music theory site then lemme kno.
holla

Emaj7/F# =

F#, B, D#, E, G#

Dmaj7/F# =

F#, C#, D, F#, A

Dmaj7/E =

E, A, C#, D, F#

Cmaj7/F =

F, B, C, E, G

Last edited by a moderator:
aite thanks duke. That doesn't sound like touch but I'll post a different thread in the musical insturments section.
nm. I had it on the wrong octave

Last edited:
dunno if you can them where you are, but you can get a little book called 'rough guide to reading music'which is great for scales and chords etc

if you know major and minor scales you can work out any chord just buy counting the notes, i.e a C major seventh chord is C E G AND B, B being the 'major seventh' note of the scale,

scales and arpeggios are also really good things to practice if you want to be good on the keys as the improve your technique, so you hit the right notes at the right strength.

breakbeat-cafe said:
dunno if you can them where you are, but you can get a little book called 'rough guide to reading music'which is great for scales and chords etc

if you know major and minor scales you can work out any chord just buy counting the notes, i.e a C major seventh chord is C E G AND B, B being the 'major seventh' note of the scale,

scales and arpeggios are also really good things to practice if you want to be good on the keys as the improve your technique, so you hit the right notes at the right strength.
thanks b. this jogs my memory a lil bit as far as scales go.

Back