Calling all Hip-Hop and RnB Triton users!

cp2_4eva

Hey ya'll. I am new to this site. I am currently using a Triton studio for my production or shall I say my learning. If I say so myself, I got a few hot tracks. I'd also like to hear some other Triton user's track. I mean, all Triton. I also just want to hear any inputs you would have on the Triton Studio. Bad or Good. FYI or just anything. I plan on creating a DAW, but being that the money is short....my baby Triton is runnin' thangz. Holla back!

I dont own, but have access to a triton (my production partnet has one). I am not impressed. The sounds on it bore me. They sound dated. I like my proteus/mophatt set up much better.

I've owned a trinity, triton, motif, proteus 2000 etc... One thing I've discovered is they all use basically the same sample sets. What distinguishes these units are the effects applied, envelope and filter settings, and to a lesser degree the quality of the samples. That being said, I found in using vsti's I was able to duplicate any sound of any of these units with relative ease and to actually make them sound better than the original units. What it all boils down to is there's no magic keyboard that will make you, that's all up to you and your ears. I've done tight ass beats on a old casio cz101 and a Asr10. It's all up to you.

Originally posted by pactoo I've done tight ass beats on a old casio cz101 and a Asr10. It's all up to you. [/B]

Come on now, thats all great when you write it like that but in reality it doesn't always work that way.

LANSTARR.COM said:
I dont own, but have access to a triton (my production partnet has one). I am not impressed. The sounds on it bore me. They sound dated. I like my proteus/mophatt set up much better.

I see you forgot the concept of wet/dry
Alot of the triton sounds arent drowning in FX, leaves it up to you to take that sounds and make it hot or fit into your production, but I guess if you just want to use the same presets, you have taken the proper steps, they also have some great free sound prg on tritonhaven.com and adding on the expansion boards will give the board a whole nother life, especially the exb-moss

but to each his own :)

So the Korg Triton Classic comes with beats or sounds already programed into it? I am a software junkie and was listing 2 your music. Just wondering.

With the triton i can make hot tracks really fast, and thats what i want to do. I dont need vstis with their fu^*ng latency problems.
And the triton allways sounds better!!!
Its not something i said beacause i spend money on it.

I have a triton Le... and i can only wonder how the new triton extreme could be!!!

I♥my triton!!!

Back