Books on basic music theory?

getcrunk

Topic speaks for itself. Don't know nothing about music theory, therefore im asking yall if ya know any good basic book to read. I've searched a little on the net but couldnt find anything promising, appreciate your answers:)

I picked up "the idiot's guide to music theory" and it helped me out pretty well...I also put a piano chord chart and it has done wonders for my beatmaking. good luck...

Also check peoples recommended "music theory" book lists on Amazon - the book lists on there are pretty handy.

Last edited:
Dj DynaMix said:
I picked up "the idiot's guide to music theory" and it helped me out pretty well...I also put a piano chord chart and it has done wonders for my beatmaking. good luck...

FYI - This book is straight to the point

awesomest book about music theory, even though people have some apprehension towards a book for idiots

the world would be a better a place if every book said "...for idiots" or "Idiots..."

some people give the human race too much credit

ne-ways... done tangeting

Last edited by a moderator:
co-sign on teh Idiots guide to music theory. It is definitely one of the best for me. No nonsense explanations and good examples.

these days you can learn a lot about music theory on wikipedia. lots of theory gurus hit up those pages to edit them.

Back