Best DAW for recording vocals over my beat

Jerm97

Hey fellow music makers I use FL 11 and was wondering what DAW would give me the best recording quality for recording my raps over my beats. I've heard about Mixcraft and its great and I also know that I can record in FL but idk how efficient FL is when it comes to that. I like to know other options before I settle on one.

As far as sound quality goes, theyre all going to be about the same. FL should do the job just fine. Most DAWs only differ in terms of workflow and maybe a few native plugins.

As far as sound quality goes, theyre all going to be about the same. FL should do the job just fine. Most DAWs only differ in terms of workflow and maybe a few native plugins.

Yeah, quality is same. You can import beat in audacity which is free and record over them. You have many, many options.

Yeah the only difference when recording vocals are the plugins that DAWs have. Effects make the difference in quality really. You just have to learn how to make your vocals sound good with effects.

Focus on the recording first of all though, then EQ and compression. Personally I'd leave FX til the very end and even then it'd be minimum, depending on what you want to achieve of course :)

Personally, I've found that Logic Pro X is the best DAW to use.
Logic is cheap and is very easy to use.
You shouldn't have a major problem with recording vocals on Logic - just make sure the levels are sounding good before you record.
All the best.

It's just a personal thing. You have to try them and see which one you like the best, they will all produce the same quality.

it really doesn't matter that much, but if you buy a daw like logic or cubase you will always have the chance to learn more about it later on (i started with recording rap as well, and now I am a composer / sounddesigner / producer) and it will be compatible with most studios if you want to give your stems to a studio later

a DAW is like a basic car frame. not the engine....not the driver.....to get the most out of it you can add options to the car....you can make sure its engine is tuned properly....add nos if you must......but mostly - seat time - work on your driving skills.....

I only use FL, so that's the most I can recommend. But I do like Edison in FL and all of the features it has.

Back