Best album for production...

Filo

Ok chaps,

I'm not 100% that this is the right forum for this post but I saw it as the closest one (I'll leave it to Cameleon if it needs to be moved). The question is...

What is the best produced album you have heard?

For me, I would say either "Journey Inwards" by LTJ Bukem, "Moon Safari" by Air or "The Fragile" by Nine Inch Nails. None of these albums reflect what kind of music I make but I think that they sound superb. What do you say would be yours?

Filo.

El-p - fantastic damage

For me (At least at the moment) it would have to be El-p's "fantastic damage" album. The beats/music on that album just kill me.

Anyone else like that one?

Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon or the Beetles- Sgt. Pepper
Both of those were using studio techniques way ahead of there time. If I''m not mistaken the same producer did both of those albums.

Hmm. . . off the top of my head I'd have to say Audio Bullies "Ego War", or, and I KNOW it's mainstream, but "Lovebox" by Groove Armada. It's definately their best as far as production goes. I'm sure there's one I'm forgeting.
T-Dub

ANYTHING by Burnt Friedman. He has an uncanny ability for detail. Check out his albums "Plays Love Songs" and "Con Ritmo". He is also well known for collaborating with MIDI-God Atomheart to form Flanger. They have made some of the best electronic jazz fusion EVER.

[
If I''m not mistaken the same producer did both of those albums.

yes you are mistaken ....sgt pepper / george martin and dark side of the moon was produced by pink floyd / with a bit of john leckie for good measure.....

sorry to correct you, nothing nasty meant

peace

Earth, Wind & Fire - Faces
Michael Jackson - Off the wall

Hey fatius & krushing,

Its good to hear that Burnt is getting the respect he deserves! I live in Nashville and rarely come into contact with anyone familiar with Nonplace. My roommate has practically the entire Burnt catalog, with a few exeptions. Latest aquisition was Drome Dromed and Some More Crime. Hard to get, sorta. What are some of your fav. Nonplace or Rather Interesting releases?

my impulsive answer is Portishead "dummy" the tecniques used on that album still blow me away...

compilation: GLO's(LTJ Bukem's label) Soulfood!

Massive Attack: 100th Window or Messanine (can't decide from the two)

Kiril - "Homebound"

tankzappa said:
[

yes you are mistaken ....sgt pepper / george martin and dark side of the moon was produced by pink floyd / with a bit of john leckie for good measure.....

sorry to correct you, nothing nasty meant

peace

Thanks for the correction. No offense taken:)

All the music albums touched by Brian Eno have no equal.

Also, I love The Dark Side of the Moon. This is one of those creations that become an eternal treasure for humankind....

cryptide said:
tool's "aenima"

damn i can't believe nobody listens to tool here.

Wrong!!

TOOL is the greatest rock band of the world!

But I prefer the Undertow than Aenima....

Pink Floyd's albums are complete art creations. A defined, briiliant, misterious and sublime concept on each creation. A serious rock band.

You can count these kind of productions with your hand's fingers.

TOOL is a serious rock band. Each album is a complete creation with defined and very deep concepts. The complexity of each song, the sound, everything is so original.....

The concept created by Alex Grey for their last album "Lateralus" is incredible.

increase in tool fan tally

cryptide said:
tool's "aenima"

damn i can't believe nobody listens to tool here.

Bit of a Tool nut myself.

Very superb band. These guys create true music.

Also dig APC

Albums with a unique sound:

- The Joshua Tree - U2 An album with a unique sound. Its too low, like a whisper.... but its great.

-Disintegration- The Cure. So melancolic, the bass on the song Disintegration. I love this album.

-Undertow- Tool. The dry sound of the bass and guitars, the Maynard vocals.... uf!!!. What a complete creation!!!

-Second thoughtest of the infants- Underworld. One of the best electronic albums I ever heard. The first song Juanita is awsome

-Ritual de lo habitual- Jane's adicction..... :bat: PERFECT!!!!

Back