>><< Basslines and their Importance >><<

NeverOutShined said:
weed is essential to the equation tho........and not no bull**** im talkin bout some drip

That might ought to go in the basic essential tipz database.

PG

captured said:
My answer is; it depends 100% on the song. I know good tracks with & without a bassline. Jay-Z - 99 problems, great example.

But that is not a great example, because the "bassline" is there because the sample he uses (Billy Squier's "Big Beat") has the bass in it and creates the "bassline" for the song... although "99 Problems" is a great song, just not a great example of a song with no bassline...

an actual great example of successful song without a bassline is Prince's "Kiss"... there is no bass in that song.

What's an 808 boom? I'm liking the sound of it already!

its a deep bass kick drum. its what you hear in most commercial hip hop today. Makes a loud BOOM sound. Great for wakin up neighbors when they sleep.

Download "Ladies Night" by Kool and the Gang. Listen to the bass. Imagine the song without the bass. not as good huh?

Like Loness42 said, a bassline can add so much to a song, and sometimes it makes the song. It doesn't MAKE the song for Ladies Night, but it certainly sounds better with it. And there's just a certian sound you can achieve with bass which you can't with an 808.....it's called good music.

wan-tan-soup14 said:
Download "Ladies Night" by Kool and the Gang. Listen to the bass. Imagine the song without the bass. not as good huh?

Like Loness42 said, a bassline can add so much to a song, and sometimes it makes the song. It doesn't MAKE the song for Ladies Night, but it certainly sounds better with it.

Pointing out a song that has a "good bassline" does absolutely nothing to show the importance of basslines in general.

wan-tan-soup14 said:
And there's just a certian sound you can achieve with bass which you can't with an 808.....it's called good music.

wow... what a naîve closed minded statement.

Back