Automation

C

Citronic27

There is still something that has bugged me for some time. I use FL Studio and certain VST plugins such as some of the NI range do not allow their parameters to be recorded whilst being automated. This seems like such a huge flaw that there has to be a solution. Or else a way around it.

Can anyone shed any light. It has been driving me nuts for a long time!

Automation of anything (well almost anything) in FL Studio is possible.

Several ways to address this. Take the Pro-53 for instance. Adjust a control on the plug-in then from the plug-in wrapper menu select last tweaked parameter. Link it to a MIDI controller if you want then use it to record automation for that control. Make an automation clip if you don't want to use a MIDI controller.

Click on "Browse parameters" from the wrapper menu. Now you can see very parameter which can be automated for the plug-in. Link it, make an automation clip for it, etc.

Post back if you need more details.

You're amazing, dude! Thanks a million :)

To think that something with such an easy answer has been holding me back for all these months! In fairness to myself this isn't the first place I posted the question. But t should be - you're all so helpful.

Once again thanx :) You've made my day. Now, I'm off to create some new music!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I could help. Believe it or not reading the help file for FL studio is always a good place to start. I'm not trying to be condescending or anything, I actually read through the help file every few months to brush up on things I may have forgotten or discover something I overlooked in the past.

Most people who bash FL Studio haven't taken the time to fully understand what it's capable of. Having used it since v3.56 I still don't know EVERYTHING that is possible in FL Studio.

Back