Any idea where to find/how to create electronic/machinery/cyber style sounds?

Do you mean you don't know what a synthesizer is? Or you want those specific sounds?

Column A Column B. I know what one is but manipulating them isn't my strong suit and I'm really not quite sure how to draw out the potential of a synthesizer. Do you know a good one for FL Studio?

And yes, achieving those specific sounds I believe would take me a few steps closer to being able to create similar kinds of sounds.

true strike tension and similar packs for kontakt and kore 2

Looking into it at this very moment. Thanks!

So I'm seeing that Kontakt products are tricky to get to work with FL Studio. Is this true? Is there a more FL friendly option? Or am I just hearing nonsense and Kontakt products are fine?

Oh cool. OK, that's probably what people were talking about.

True Strike seems to be a percussion based product but it contains some effects in it as well which is where I assume all the good electronic sounds are. This is going to be great.

Well I'm not a huge sound designer either, but there's no denying the popularity of massive. It's a go-to synth that comes with a lot of power. The presets don't do a very good job at showing what it can do.

There are also 193473132173137137731725358 million tutorials on it. So if you're going to get into sound design, massive is a great way to get under the hood.

But quite honestly, Fruity Loops has Harmor, which is not a bad synth itself. My version of fruity loops had a demo harmor, which meant that I could save a project that had Harmor midi information. That was laughable, considering you could just record the sounds into an audio file and then save that audio file. Not sure if there were other differences, but I remember loving that thing.

I don't know why Massive always comes up for robotic machinery type sounds. Yes. It's good for making these types of sounds, especially for effects using the bitcrush and S & H insert, but it's just a synth of a whole sea of great vst's that are capable of the same thing. If I had to tackle making machinery, roboticy, type sounds this is what I would do.

Some great vst's that I like to use to make interesting sounds that can sound machine like if you apply effects like bitcrush, and distortion. Best of all they're all FREE!
1) Gargoyle - creates weird, mystical, and creepy sounds, and is best used if pressing the random button. -> Krakli Software Instrument and Effect Plugins - Krakli Free Synths
2) NOVAkILL vst plugin series - NOVAkILL - I Want to Kill You NOW!
3) TyrellN6 - plain simple you should have this-> u-he TyrellN6
4) Crystal - The random button in this is out of this world. You'll get a unique sound every time :) Crystal VST Instrument
5) Dream64 - For making chiptune sounds. But press random button, and record what you got, and then take that sample and slice it up, and detune it or whatever you want to make a crazy sound. And you're golden.

Really what I would do is try to make a bunch of crazy sounds in either of these synths. By doing it yourself, or pressing the random button. And then recording these sample, and the slicing up the sample into tiny little bits so you literally have a bnuch of sounds you can do with whatever you want. Also pitching these samples down, or up can work wonders. So yea. That's what I would do. Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone, for all the replies and ideas. It's nice to finally have some direction on how to get started. I'll be messing with truestrike and a lot of the other great VSTs mentioned (thanks for the list and explanations as well, Teksaur). Thanks again, guys.

Back