All my beats are sad- Help me

I cant make "happy" og "hard" sounding beats. They all have this sad feeling or sound, both in a minor scale and a major scale.
How can i fix this?

Hope this is not a dumb question and sorry for my bad english.

fundamentally start using major 2nds, 3rds and 6ths on your melodies instead of the current use of minor 2nds, 3rds and 6ths - this is without hearing anything, but is solid advice as these all lend an air of sadness (minor 2nds/3rds/6ths) whether you are using a major or minor chord progression

Try to use major chords, faster tempos, energetic grooves, and brighter sounds. For hard sounds try to use more diminish, minor, augmented chords with "hard drum patterns".

I noticed the movement in the beat you posted and it's a downward movement. Try moving up the scale or utilizing your octaves. Upward movement tends to sound happier and uplifting. If you are going from a 5 to a 1, try playing the 1 in an octave higher than you played the 5 or inverting the chord to a higher position on the keyboard. Of course, the right balance between upward and downward movement will sound just right.

Last edited:
Back