8-bit, digital hardcore drumbeats (for FL)

you're not allowed to talk about pirated software here and almost no one is going to help you since you mentioned it wasn't a legit copy.

yea but if you were to add up the sale price of all pirated software/samples owned by FP posters, it would be through the roof. cmon, havent we all pirated something? i myself have invested over $3G in my setup and yet i have some pirated software. the software developers end up just fine, thanks to the generous checks from academia and professional studios. i have a friend who vows to pay for all his pirated stuff if it one day allows him to make enough cash off of music... that sounds like an ethically sound approach.

so out of empathy for the original poster, i am going to reply to his question.

8-bit seems a bit extreme for me (ever considered 12-bit samples, a la sp1200?), but to each his own. if you want to go for 12-bit, someone just released a software sampler plugin that emulates the "grit" of the sp1200...

i highly recommend izotope trash (a distortion plugin) for what youre doing. it has so many types of distortion (tons of varieties of tube drive, fuzzbox, tape saturation, broken transistors, low-bit digital, the list goes on) plus filters and compressors and amp-modelling. the low-bit-digital emulation is really good.

if youre not trying to get an effect plugin and you just want the raw samples instead, you will have to do some searching and possibly some buying. vinyl samples are great, and they hold up really well under lo-fi degradation.

Last edited:
ever consider adding a casio sk-1 to your roster? its cheap, as gritty as all hell, and once sampled back into the computer can get filthy.

Back