The 2 Sides to My WorkFlow

-/-

Wassup FP, this is just my insight/whatever let me know if any of you can relate or differ.

I have both Maschine and FL Studio installed on my computer.

I ONLY use Maschine with hardware (Mikro, Midi Piano) These in my opinion result in my most creative sounding beats and I really can get the feeling I'm going for down with the Pads/Keys. Im self-taught and well versed with the keys so I can put my music theory knowledge to its best use this way, it does take more time since its all real-time recording but I like this outcome the most.

Fruity Loops is designated to ONLY when Im chillin/too lazy to put my laptop on my desk and connect all my devices and sit down and work. I use my laptops keyboard and mouse to make beats. I can focus a bit more on tweaking this way since im glued to the computer rather than my other hardware. Its a different approach but I've been doing it for years this way until I bought Maschine a few months ago. These FL Beats sound a bit more commercial I guess. I prefer sampling this way since its MUCH easier than Maschine.

TL;DR - I make very DOPE beats with both Maschine/FL Studio but I notice small nuances between the way Im making the music on both softwares.

There isn't a question here just my two cents. Feel free to post your methods of music-making here. If your interested in hearing my beats HMU, i don't upload to soundcloud anymore to avoid beatjacking

Back