You think its hot... but you have no idea

Music Jon

i didnt know where else to post this so i decided to post this here. does any body get really into a beat theyve made and start dancing movin or whatever an then when you go back to here the beat a few hours or days later it doesnt sound as good as you thought? this happens to me on occasion and i was wondering if it happens to anyone else. I know it happens to a few people who make those 5 minute beats then post them saying "ITS THE GREATEST BEAT EVER." but they actually what theyre makin is good music.

lol yeah i do that all the time ill do a track leave it for like a week do another track thats better and go back to the old one like wtf lol..i think it happens to everyone

yeah man i hate when that happens i guess its just the rush of the moment.. what about when you first started out and like you made ur first beat and played it really loud in ur room thinkin it was the ****... now i look bak at my first beats and im like wtf why would i listen to this crap over and over lol....

yeaa i think everybody gets there lil "dame dash dance" on when they make some hot ****

nd the worse part is if u have like somebody on the hook.. nd u start ad-libin to it.. damn **** is krazy

nd then u realize like.. damn that **** wasnt that hot afterall.. when it comes down to it.. its all good though

its usually the opposite for me. since i started makin beats ive tryd to finish the potential hotness when most people go to the next project. if you listen to one of my beats while im makin it you might not like it but once its done you wont think its the same beat. doing this over the years gave me knowledge to fix beats faster and see potential. not saying i dont make crap beats sometimes but the numbers have droped.
im glad i learned this so when somebody comes in with a crap song to record, i can make it as good as its gonna get while other people think to themself "ths is garbage".

it sometimes happens to me too, this happens because u wasn't prolbly payin attention to wat u r making. U'll think the beat is hot because u knew how it's made, u know wen this or that is coming(crashes, break downs, claps, etc.) and u also got 'temporarily' used to sounds of the beat from listenin to it for a long time....try this, listen a song u don't really like,sumtin u think 'it sucks' wen hearin it at first, something new, try listenin to it over and over again n expect urself to like it(lyk ur beats) and u'll find ur self growing into it, u'l lyk the song..iono this is just me

yeh it happens 2 me sometimes. After I make the beat, i listen to other beats and stuff on my iPod, n then go back 2 it, n see if I can improve it (analysing what needs to be improved).

i would be dancing for like 20 minutes to the beat playing over and over.. then i go make a new beat or do something else, come back, listen to it..then be like wtf????????

happens man.

It is part of the creative process. However, it is how you elaborate on that beat that really makes the difference. You can listen to any style of music and pick out individual piece and see that none of it is all that extraordinary. It is the overall arrangement and production that offers that real difference between hit and flop.

Anybody that is or tries to be musically creative will have 10-20 POS before he has one that is great. Just keep an open mind at all times and do not get stuck in that "habit" rut. You will know that "habit" rut. Because, all of your tunes will sound almost the same. Most of the best stuff I write is when I just don't give a F.

dude it happens to us all. every time i write a tune i come back to it the following day gutted because its just not as good as i last heard it. i figured that it was down to a lack of confidence in my own abilities, so i started vetting my tune ideas through some people i trust. this really helps to get feedback so quickly after starting an idea.

it happens to me alot. some beats, i played so many times, i'm just sick of hearing it now lol.

btw i was making beats with my friend listening to what i was doing and he heard some sample and was like WTF but once i finished the beat he was feeling it lol. that happens alot even when i see beat videos. you don't "see" the vision of the producer in the video but once the beats done, you hear how hot it is.

This can also happen if you are listening at too high of a volume. As your ears get tired out, sometimes the music starts to sound better and better.

Then the next day, after your ears have recovered, you hear what it really sounds like.

This is why engineers shouldn't mix at too high of a level or for too long. ...Besides the fact that it can permanently damage hearing.

Back