Would you buy an eBook for tips on music?

D

D-Funkdafied

I am in the process of creating an eBook that relates to music, creativity and staying creative..
Would you buy a book like that which will help you with creativity? If so, how much?

My day job revolves around eBooks, so just one tip. When it comes to music eBooks it should be more than just text. Include audio samples of what you're making points about. Maybe get some streaming video in there, or short video clips to help explain your points. Sometimes seeing something in practic,e clicks a lot better with the reader than just reading about it. Price point: about $5.

Last edited:
My day job revolves around eBooks, so just one tip. When it comes to music eBooks it should be more than just text. Include audio samples of what you're making points about. Maybe get some streaming video in there, or short video clips to help explain your points. Sometimes seeing something in practic,e clicks a lot better with the reader than just reading about it. Price point: about $5.

Yeah an ebook like this would be worth the purchase just reading about creativity wouldn't spark much creativity in me

Seriously, any semi intelligent person could learn music theory for free. YouTube/Google, etc...Sorry to say man...

Maybe wright a more detailed version. Something like theory + implementation with FL Studio/Reason, etc. How to make the songs you want, etc...

I ain't going for an "easy access the free way" subject. I see a lot of people lose creativity in music production and rarely information about it.. So thats why I am going to write a book specifically aimed at producers who lose creativity and get producers-block

Seriously, any semi intelligent person could learn music theory for free. YouTube/Google, etc...Sorry to say man...

Maybe wright a more detailed version. Something like theory + implementation with FL Studio/Reason, etc. How to make the songs you want, etc...

credentials will be very important, obviously proper marketing/ exposure and peer reviewing it will help the most. It looks interesting though!

I am in the process of creating an eBook that relates to music, creativity and staying creative..
Would you buy a book like that which will help you with creativity? If so, how much?
I personally wouldn't buy a book that helped with creativity. I think creativity all comes from within. Any other way wouldn't feel genuine, but that's just me. Creativity has always been second nature to me. However, I understand the purpose of someone wanting to read a book to help them along the way. I'm just trying to give you a perspective of someone who wouldn't be interested in buying it. Perhaps maybe you could put a spin on the idea of the book geared toward people who don't feel like they need external help with creativity.

Thanks for the opinion. I am have started on about 4 pages already. It may attract a lot of people as there are millions of producers worldwide.
I will be marketing it.. If not a book on creativity,, what others book would interest you??

I personally wouldn't buy a book that helped with creativity. I think creativity all comes from within. Any other way wouldn't feel genuine, but that's just me. Creativity has always been second nature to me. However, I understand the purpose of someone wanting to read a book to help them along the way. I'm just trying to give you a perspective of someone who wouldn't be interested in buying it. Perhaps maybe you could put a spin on the idea of the book geared toward people who don't feel like they need external help with creativity.

Back