Would appreciate some help concerning 808 Basslines

UncleLou

So I'm new to the hiphop beat-making game, I'm using FL studio and I have no background in music or instruments etc.

So,I have been doing really well (beginner level) with basically everything except the 808.I've downloaded Metro Boomin's drumkit and I use the 808 samples to create the basslines,but my patterns always sound off beat or non-melodic (if that term even is exists).

So basically my question would be if there is some set patterns to follow,or if there is some specific way the 808 is placed,based on the melody or the other drums.

Thanks in advance.

I'm kinda of a beginner too. But what helped me with 808s is treating to remake one i heard from a song. It help me see what the structure really looked like. Remaking is better than watch as you get experience

So I'm new to the hiphop beat-making game, I'm using FL studio and I have no background in music or instruments etc.

So,I have been doing really well (beginner level) with basically everything except the 808.I've downloaded Metro Boomin's drumkit and I use the 808 samples to create the basslines,but my patterns always sound off beat or non-melodic (if that term even is exists).

So basically my question would be if there is some set patterns to follow,or if there is some specific way the 808 is placed,based on the melody or the other drums.

Thanks in advance.

You need to tune the 808 to its' correct key. Open the 808 sample in Edison and select region, then use the detect pitch region feature. You can change the key in the sample window settings. Use the piano roll section to make notes (that you want to be played as bassline by the 808) and you're pretty much ready.

if you're interested in making your own rather than tuning samples, open 3xosc and set every wave to sine, osc1 coarse pitch to 0, osc2 to 12 with the volume slightly up, and osc3 to 19 with the volume lower than osc2. I hope this helps :)

Attachments

• 808 big.png
    808 big.png
    224.2 KB · Views: 33
Back