Working With Tapestop in FL Studio

-/-

So Im making a sampled beat and I have a section where I automated the dBlue Tapestop effect to do that smooth tapestop effect and then it plays normally after.

What I notice though is that when the next bar starts I hear a reminent it seems of the Tapestop trigger turning back off. Like I hear the end of the drum pattern at the very start of this bar

I just want it to start fresh for the next bar because I have the sample solo'd

Any tips to get this desired effect?

Are you using an automation clip to trigger the dblue glitch plugin? If so. What is your snap set at? Make sure to read this article on snapping in fl: Knowledge Base .

If you're snap is set to anything low per se NONE this can screw everything up when using automation clips. So make sure you zoom all the way in and if the end points of your automation clip (the dots) are even just a tiny bit past the bar it'll screw everything up. So you will have to go and delet the dots, change your snap, to either line or 1/2. and do it again.

If this still doesn't solve your issue. For dblue glitch in the tape stop effect section there are 3 knobs. Slow down, delay, and speed up. Make sure you have 0% delay. I think this might delay the whole effect and cause it to run through to next bar. I'm not certain of this however.

If these two options didn't solve your problem. You might have to resort to turnig that one section with the tapestop effect into and audio clip by recording it into Edison on your master channel. Then taking that sample and just place it in there should solve all your problems. Make sure you turn off un-wanted effects especially on your master channel like per se soundgoodizer to avoid distortion cause you're recording a clip wich already had the effect so if you record it, then play it again and it still running under that effect it'll be 2x and sometimes distort thigs.

So yea hope that helps. 3 1/2 years fl studio experience.

^ I think he's using the Tapestop plugin as opposed to using the Tapestop that's built in to Glitch.

I don't have the plug-in in front of me but I know have to automate it down to stop. Can you automate it back up? You could do an instant back to regular and see if that helps. Also, if it's a clip, try moving it back some so that it finishes whatever its doing in enough time for the start of the next bar to be perfect. If none of those work, just use Glitch 1.3. It's free and has the same effect but I think it won't have the overlap issue.

Last edited:
So basically I have the automation like a square. I did zoom in all the way and my snap is set to line

Its set to stop just as the next bar starts

I do have Glitch but its more annoying to setup because theirs so many options when all i need is the tapestop.

Tapestop

So basically I have the automation like a square. I did zoom in all the way and my snap is set to line

Its set to stop just as the next bar starts

I do have Glitch but its more annoying to setup because theirs so many options when all i need is the tapestop.

Im quite sure that plugin is flawed, when I used it you can tapestop but then you can't reverse the effect or something like that. You'll have to find a new plugin for it.

^ You just set it where you want for it to come in. It's basically a step sequencer for glitchy shit. You drop what effect you want on a timeline and it triggers it at that point in the beat. If you don't want any other effects, just fill the other time slots up with the no effect option.

oh na i get that i meant that specific effect the red number 1

like the slowdown vs speed up ratio

Or you can select the portion that works, and render it as a Wave. Then place it back in your mix, but get rid of instruments and midi information where it has to go, and it will be the same every time when you do it.

Back