Wondering what this sound is and how to replicate something similar

KidRay

Hey guys I've been trying to figure out what type of sound this is in the first 10 seconds of this video:

This is the type of vibe I dig and in my projects I never get something as 'ambient' as that. Is it just done by playing around with oscillators? Anyone have any idea?

If you're talking about the 'grand piano' bit, the modulation can be achieved by either slight filter/pitch-automation and for the space, it's a combination of reverb & delay.

Mood almost always comes from chords and music theory rather than sound design- although sound design helps.

Think not about what kind of sound it it but what the chord progression is

If you're talking about the 'grand piano' bit, the modulation can be achieved by either slight filter/pitch-automation and for the space, it's a combination of reverb & delay.
Thanks man

Mood almost always comes from chords and music theory rather than sound design- although sound design helps.

Think not about what kind of sound it it but what the chord progression is
Thanks for your reply. Yeah I get what you're saying, but the issue I often have is that I like how my progression and notes are set up, but that I'm sometimes missing a particular sound that I have in mind if that makes sense.

slight lowpass filter, some reverb, all about pushing the sound to the back- try using a mid side eq to cut the lows a little - only affecting the mids - and use a regular eq for a LPF, then use some reverb

but try to use it subtly else it'll turn to pot

Back