Who's heavy into FM synthesis?

K

KHz Wilkerson

i got this ebook on amazon & working with FM8. this sh*t goes hard.

it is. but once you go thru some of the tutorials (macprovideo.com has all of NI's tutorials on deck), its gets easier & really fun to use. the ebook that i got on amazon put things in order (can't tell u).

Damn making me want to get on that asap lol
I've seen the pluggin and read up on it many times, but I've never touched anything like that so it's completely new, but to be able to desgin your own sounds is amazing.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

I love FM8 plugin. One of the best out and one of my weapons.

So you use this a lot then I'm guessing lol

Must be amazing to be able to design your own sound, because a lot of times I go through so many sounds and never find what I'm looking for, but when u can tweak or make changes so make ur vision come to life, that's what's up

I've gotten into FM8 over the past 2 weeks, and I already have enough knowledge of how to use it.
It's like Massive; First time I opened it, I was just dumbstruck at how many knobs and buttons there were.
The same for FM8.
Once you get used to it though, it's fairly easy to just mess around and see what you can come up with.
:)

would you compared massive to fm8 or are they two different beasts?

Massive and FM8 are quite different, but they are both very powerful synths, though Massive is often dubbed the more powerful of the two.
FM8 is a little more complicated, but is still very powerful.
:)

Massive is a subtractive synth where as FM8 is an FM synth, (frequency Modulation)

I wouldn't say either was the more powerful, Massive is more popular but that's probably due to subtractive synthesis being slightly easier to learn than FM.

I recently started using FM8, and it is just as intuitive as Massive. They have their own strengths - some sounds are just easier to make/modify in one than the other and vice versa. The modulation matrix in FM8 is very straightforward and user-intuitive.

I recently just started getting into it. I don't really like FM8 though, I find it sounds to digital but of course that opinion is subjective. I really love FXExpansions Cypher, that thing is a beast of an FM synth. Fl Studios stock Sytrus synth is also a very enjoyable to use FM synth.

Back