Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has bought Busy Works Beats "Music Theory in a Day"?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    in my experience the benefits of a teacher one on one are worth the money

you get to ask why and to explore how and to validate what you have done on your own

explore it for yourself
    BC: I've been making music since Before Computers were common in music
    Abnormal thoughts and insights available here
    Tutorials and other ideas available here
    My SoundCloud

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yumid View Post
    I wasnt contradicting you i was asking you. How much can you actually learn in an hour a week? Then I was explaining my scenario haha. I agree you should take them. I was asking if its worth the money if you dont really have the extra money.
    Sorry for my tone, Yumid. I wasn't being snarky, just saying, "do what you think works for you". I've switched teachers a few times and gone solo here and there. Its not necessarily about how much you can learn in an hour, but getting real-time feedback on whatever issues you might have, as well as someone to explain things to you in a more personalized manner (which helps alot, you start to understand the difference between a one-size-fits-all explanation and an answer directed towards you the individual). But it also means being a self-motivated person to make the most of the hours spent away from the lesson. Didn't want to come accross as preachy.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapheaper View Post
    Only on future producers could someone ask about melody and have two posts which don't mention anything about notes.

Thanks
    I would love lessons but my broke ass can't afford it. i'm in pretty severe poverty right now and society isn't structured for people to rise up right now. so i'm having to bust my ass to get ahead. things are looking up (switching careers) but it's gonna be a few months before i'm back on my feet.

To the question "is it worth it if you don't have money" i'd look at whatever habits you have (fast food, weed, sneakers, whatever the ****) can be cut down on.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ego killer View Post
    I would love lessons but my broke ass can't afford it. i'm in pretty severe poverty right now and society isn't structured for people to rise up right now. so i'm having to bust my ass to get ahead. things are looking up (switching careers) but it's gonna be a few months before i'm back on my feet.

To the question "is it worth it if you don't have money" i'd look at whatever habits you have (fast food, weed, sneakers, whatever the ****) can be cut down on.
    I think it's too much. I just ordered chord magic and I learned nothing that I didn't already know. It was only $25 with a $10 coupon and it was still too much. It's for like people with no knowledge at all!
    Last edited by jjbing3; 02-15-2015 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Didn't mean to use quote.
    "I'm a chef, not chief, cause i don't recruit/ I take an unknown loop and chop it up like fruit." http://soundcloud.com/da-real-bingo

Thanks
    I been wanting to buy the music theory in a day course from him to. I think he gives good incite and knowledgeable things. I have learned a lot from him but there are a lot of free music theory stuff online. But I still wouldn't mind giving him $20 just cause. At least he put together a information marketing package of his own work. Cant knock him for that!

Thanks
    Have you heard of MusicIndustryClasses.com?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yumid View Post
    From what I've seen busy works beats is good at making beats and thats about it. When it comes to technical stuff and theory he shouldn't be charging anyone for anything.

You could get a month pass to groove 3 for 15 bucks and watch a music theory course plus however many other ones you can fit in a month. The music theory course on groove 3 is pretty basic but then there is also Jazz Theory which goes way deeper. Then songwriting theory as well, etc.. 15 bucks Vs 60.

Mac Pro Vid and Lynda are also options you could get for a month I think. Little more expensive, but either way. You're getting a months worth of every video you'll ever need for production/mixing/mastering, etc.. for about a quarter of the cost of busy works beats music theory course.

Efficiency at its finest.
    I dont think you GET what Busy Works Beats is promoting...as in ALL scales are man made so he takes it to a purely math situation

Thanks
    Funny seeing this thread, dude bumped. I been teaching producers on youtube for awhile now how to play the keys like Zaytoven, Scott Storch, etc. You can check it out if you'd like. I put my own course together too, clients told me it's better then BusyWorksBeats,etc. Their words not mine. I like BusyWorksBeats But here goes my youtube channel ya'll can check out for free.

YouTube
    Wanna take your piano playing to the next level like Zaytoven & Scott Storch?
    Check out my YouTube channel for producers! Producer Principles

Thanks
    Do you think it will help you grow? Buy it! It probably will help you. Maybe you only learn one thing from it. You sell someone one beat with that one-thing because they liked it, you already made your money back.
    Last edited by iAmFlorez; 10-08-2017 at 12:04 PM.
    Brent Flores | Engineer & Producer
    The Studio Jacksonville

Thread Information