Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has bought Busy Works Beats "Music Theory in a Day"?

Thanks

Who has bought Busy Works Beats "Music Theory in a Day"?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I want to learn music theory so I am thinking about purchasing this music theory video course. The only issue is that it costs $60, I am willing to pay that much but I don't want it to be a waste of my money if it turns out not to be worth it.
    Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the money?

Music Theory in a Day

I am also open to cheaper suggestions whether or not you have bought this or not. I am willing to read a book to learn theory but learning through video tutorials is much more appealing to me. So are there any other video tutorial series out there that will help me? Or maybe a book could be better?

Thanks
    Dude, there are free Music theory videos all over YouTube. Just put Music theory in the search bar and pick one that looks the most informative.

Here are two sites that I frequently go to to brush up on some music theory.

musictheory.net This one is good for interactive learning. They give you interactive lessons and the opportunity to test yourself with interactive exercises

Music Theory This is another good one. The front page shows you where you should start in learning theory and the steps to do so.

Good luck.

Thanks
    music theory in 24 hours (that is what in day means) may not actually be what you end up with as it will take many more hours simply to start applying let alone understanding and knowing

try teoria.com
    BC: I've been making music since Before Computers were common in music
    Abnormal thoughts and insights available here
    Tutorials and other ideas available here
    My SoundCloud

Thanks
    From what I've seen busy works beats is good at making beats and thats about it. When it comes to technical stuff and theory he shouldn't be charging anyone for anything.

You could get a month pass to groove 3 for 15 bucks and watch a music theory course plus however many other ones you can fit in a month. The music theory course on groove 3 is pretty basic but then there is also Jazz Theory which goes way deeper. Then songwriting theory as well, etc.. 15 bucks Vs 60.

Mac Pro Vid and Lynda are also options you could get for a month I think. Little more expensive, but either way. You're getting a months worth of every video you'll ever need for production/mixing/mastering, etc.. for about a quarter of the cost of busy works beats music theory course.

Efficiency at its finest.
    Last edited by Yumid; 01-16-2015 at 08:52 AM.

Thanks
    You'd be better off getting weekly lessons. Get more value for your money, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapheaper View Post
    Only on future producers could someone ask about melody and have two posts which don't mention anything about notes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpthrust View Post
    You'd be better off getting weekly lessons. Get more value for your money, IMO.
    tooo expensive. I really want to. I was looking into it but its like 50-60 bucks for an hour? How much can I learn in an hour a week? Is it worth it you think for that price? All I really need are practicing techniques i know all the entry level theory. Ive never had lessons before so I dont know what to expect. Hard for me to realize what id actually learn in an hour.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yumid View Post
    tooo expensive. I really want to. I was looking into it but its like 50-60 bucks for an hour? How much can I learn in an hour a week? Is it worth it you think for that price? All I really need are practicing techniques i know all the entry level theory. Ive never had lessons before so I dont know what to expect. Hard for me to realize what id actually learn in an hour.
    Okay, don't. "shrugs"
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapheaper View Post
    Only on future producers could someone ask about melody and have two posts which don't mention anything about notes.

Thanks
    I don't buy products with blatant, over the top lies in the marketing. i have a LOT to learn on music theory. i only started studying it recently but a day? GTFO

here's a good free e-book, ravenspiral guide to music theory http://www.worldofbryan.com/rsg2mt.pdf

a product that's been helping me is dance music production fundamental series. a lot of their genre specific stuff is crap but these ones have been a big help. i produce hip-hop but the same concepts apply.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ego killer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Appreciate the input from everyone. I think I will give groove 3 a try Yumid, thanks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpthrust View Post
    Okay, don't. "shrugs"
    I wasnt contradicting you i was asking you. How much can you actually learn in an hour a week? Then I was explaining my scenario haha. I agree you should take them. I was asking if its worth the money if you dont really have the extra money.
    Last edited by Yumid; 01-19-2015 at 09:22 PM.

Thread Information