Who bought this dvd ?

I got a couple of Jamal's other ones, Urban and Contemporary Worship-Play By Ear Vol 1 and Church Worship. I would warn you that if your a complete beginner then you probably dont want to start with that DVD. Even his beginner dvds arent so beginner. They can be intimidating and also he's not the best at explaining some of the things he does (inversions, etc...) His method of teaching is more follow me as opposed to this is why I'm doing such and such.

I got almost all of Jamal's dvd's that are keyboard related. By far, my favorite one of his is Play by Ear volume I. Play by Ear II is cool, but number I remains the best in my opinion as far as the amount of material you get and the methods of teaching. With that said, if you can already play fairly well, then the Worship Extreme is cool, but if you are still beginning, it may be a little too advanced.

I got almost all of Jamal's dvd's that are keyboard related. By far, my favorite one of his is Play by Ear volume I. Play by Ear II is cool, but number I remains the best in my opinion as far as the amount of material you get and the methods of teaching. With that said, if you can already play fairly well, then the Worship Extreme is cool, but if you are still beginning, it may be a little too advanced.

I want the neo soul joint but I was lost from vol 1 so its probably a waste because itll be too advanced.

I want the neo soul joint but I was lost from vol 1 so its probably a waste because itll be too advanced.

I think Play By Ear Vol I is the best, and the first Urban Worship DVD is probably the runner up. I have some other books and DVDs and all have their strengths and weaknesses.

I think Play By Ear Vol I is the best, and the first Urban Worship DVD is probably the runner up. I have some other books and DVDs and all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Did you start from beginner though? I mean like, not knowing notes, scales, anything?

Back