White Noise Effect

Not quite sure, but that also might be just a reverb from some soft cymbal sound. I sometimes use highly reverbed cymbals (reversed for the uplifting) and the end results are pretty similar at times depending on the cymbal ofc. Or maybe that combined with a really high cut white noise. That's what I'd try out.

Could just be white noise with wet reverb, then reversed as the guy above me says

It's quite hard to tell because cymbals are mostly white noise anyway, and adding reverb makes them more white-noisy

Last edited:
I always use a white noise track, with a band pass filter, and then tonnes of reverb, followed by an high pass eq around 4000Hz

It sounds a little like an ocean wave. It is probably a synth preset he's using for that effect. Most synths have presets that sound like that.

If you want a white noise sweep, however, it gets a little tricker if you're not into samples. I open a synth, turn down all the voices to zero, but turn up the noise so all there is is noise. Then I use an EQ with a high pass and low pass, and I sweep both of them by controlling the frequency values with automation.

the woosh sound happens depending of the filter resonance levels. to take it out, just put filter resonance at minimum value. also try increasing the oscilator's release to about 1 or 2 thousand ms, and adding reverb

Back