WHere do people get these kinds of atmospheric sounds.

aceover9

Starts at 2L38. Sounds like wind or something.

A lot of things like massage parlor music and stuff find these very atmospheric sounds.

Any idea how people achieve the above linked and other "atmospheric" sounds?

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the section has a lot of reverb on it, the kind that makes things sound distant.
I would try atmosphire\Nexes, or maybe some Vengence samples....

I assume you mean the filtered pad in the background?

just that a pad with filter modulation including resonance modulation either via an automation clip or by a beat synched lfo

I assume you mean the filtered pad in the background?

just that a pad with filter modulation including resonance modulation either via an automation clip or by a beat synched lfo

Really? That can be used to give almost a howling wind sound?

Geez. I never would have thought. How would you start to create a sound like that?

noise as your source (blue noise if you can get a generator (I made one in reaktor, so you should be able to do the same, it is simply an inverted pink noise profile, a +3db boost in energy for each octave that it rises), otherwise white)

adsr on the filter to make it grow and growl - 3-5-2-6

adsr on the resonance of the filter as separate control - 4-2-4-1

a little lfo also modulating the filter cutoff and the resonance, maybe even 2 or 3 lfo's that are not synched up running at different slow rates - this will cause the wild circling howling you are looking for

an adsr on the vca as well to control the overall sound - 3-3-5-4 and a little lfo as well just to mix it up a bit

I assume it's a heavily processed and fx'ed white noise, with all the reverb and stuff turned up and the dry signal has been turned down.

Back