where can i find these type of sounds?

C

Cruz619

im having a hard time recreating these type of old school sounds...i usually sampe but im trying to get into more towards composing my own music but still having it sound as if its sampled......can anyone help me create these synths:confused: I have sampletank and hypersonic 2 but cant seem to get it just right....any help would be appreciated

*REMOVE THE PERIOD BETWEEN THE Z AND S*

http://www.z.share.net/audio/56588873026f40/

http://www.z.share.net/audio/56587310836e1d/

Last edited by a moderator:
I think thats its hard to recreate this this type of old school sounding sounds.
I think that what could bring you close to that is using an old school sampler, 12 bit.
If you're into software try some vintage plugin effects, eq, bitcrusher etc

yeah i have the izotope vynl effect plug in...but would you know the name of the instruments?

To be honest, even if you brought in a live symphony or band to replay, you won't get the same feel as sampling. There are royalty free samples you can use to get the same sound without infringing copyrights, but these tracks you posted get their feel from sampling, can't be emulated with good quality any other way.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
To be honest, even if you brought in a live symphony or band to replay, you won't get the same feel as sampling. There are royalty free samples you can use to get the same sound without infringing copyrights, but these tracks you posted get their feel from sampling, can't be emulated with good quality any other way.
cool...thx...have u tried the 60's 70's refill from sonic reality?....i've been lookin at that for a while but can't decide if i should buy it

Yeah, it'll give you the sound of 60s and 70s, but not the sound you get from sampling 60s and 70s music. It's great for making neosoul rnb type stuff.

I know what you mean about trying to get that 70s sound without sampling cause I been trying to do that. I can reccommend to you something I particularly like the Arturia Moog Modular V2 Software Synthesizer. Its based off of the old school synthersizers first created by Robert Moog in the 70s and 80s.

robel g said:
I know what you mean about trying to get that 70s sound without sampling cause I been trying to do that. I can reccommend to you something I particularly like the Arturia Moog Modular V2 Software Synthesizer. Its based off of the old school synthersizers first created by Robert Moog in the 70s and 80s.
thx ill check it out

Cruz619 said:

im trying to get into more towards composing my own music but still having it sound as if its sampled

Compose your track as you would. Then simply chop it up as if you were making a sampled beat.

Back