What's type of guitar here?

so strat, very slight overdrive, possibly bridge-middle pickup config (standard 5-pos strat out-of-phase position) but more likely just bridge pickup and chorus pedal, no tone control in play (i.e. the tone control is all the way open - a standard strat tone control is a treble cut control)

played mostly on the top three strings

so strat, very slight overdrive, possibly bridge-middle pickup config (standard 5-pos strat out-of-phase position) but more likely just bridge pickup and chorus pedal, no tone control in play (i.e. the tone control is all the way open - a standard strat tone control is a treble cut control)

played mostly on the top three strings
Damn your ears, BC!
LOL

to be blunt - it is my favourite sound and set up so not hard to hear it when someone else is using it

I have a very old Hondo strat style with a pair of les paul style humbuckers which I wired up to produce a similar sound by using same pickup and alternate pickup phase switching at the end of the 80's just to get a similar sound (les paul pickup config on strats and strat pickup configs on les paul's was the knock-off guitar industries (in Japan, and Korea) way of getting around the patent wars of the 80's where both fender and gibson were harassing anyone making a guitar like theirs for much cheaper but at the same sonic quality or better)

Amazing! Now can anybody tell me good vst/libraris to make similar sound? :cool: I didn't have any deals with electro guitars before and i have Logic 9 with stock electro guitar's sounds but it sounds very poor ;(

Last edited:
you would be better off learning how to play but that of course does not solve your immediate need/desire

2nd best is to reach out to someone who can play - there are several of us here at fp

As for libraries look at kontakt factory library and maybe the scarbee funk guitar library

there are others but these are the ones that I use when I have no desire to play for myself

Back