whats going on in this song

matthewm77

I'm wondering what he did to this song in Cyril Hahn's remix of 773 Love.

Here's the original

Heres the remix

It's been slowed down and pitched down slightly but the instrumental pops so much more in the remix and sounds a lot more full. It's amazing. I'm wondering what he did to it? Thanks!

sounds like he remade the backing from scratch - i.e . it is new instruments played in real time or moused in. the mike will made it and the rest would be from the original stems - i.e. this is an official remix so any thing is, possible

sounds like he remade the backing from scratch - i.e . it is new instruments played in real time or moused in. the mike will made it and the rest would be from the original stems - i.e. this is an official remix so any thing is, possible

Thanks for the reply! Are you sure it's official though? I mean its not for purchase anywhere and the "bootleg" is indicative of it being unofficial. Someone on another site said theres a lot more reverb which is fairly obvious, that it has sidechain compression, and is being "compressed to death" in general? Idk if anyone agrees or not but let me know.

the word bootleg has been so misused in the last decade it is not worth using it as signal of illegality but rather as a signal of legality - "hey they let me use the stems and add my own things to it" kind of deal..... although if he somehow got hold of the stems illegally then yes it would be a "bootleg" recording

the word bootleg has been so misused in the last decade it is not worth using it as signal of illegality but rather as a signal of legality - "hey they let me use the stems and add my own things to it" kind of deal..... although if he somehow got hold of the stems illegally then yes it would be a "bootleg" recording

I basically remade the bootleg by using the original song. I used reverb, compression, and some other stuff. I didn't bother with the sidechaining because that would take too long just for an experiment. Heres a link to it. https://soundcloud.com/l-o-f-tt/773-remake/s-C9Xfe .... I had a vinyl plugin on the master channel so ignore that ahah.

Last edited:
Back