whats the best way?

L

Lil Loco

What is the best way to lay vocals over a beat that is already been made. if the vocals are as a seperate file?
is there an software that i would need for this or to make it easier?

thankz.

Lil Loco

Do you mean, like an acapella from a famous artist over a beat you made?

simular not so much a famous artist.
im doin a collab with someone in the states and im over in the UK. so the acapella, is guna be sent to me seprate to the track.

with ableton you can put togather some vocals or beats !!! ableton 5 read also mp3 but i recomend to work with wav

so with ableton 5 i can import my beat and then the acapella sepreate and then line them both up the way i want?

Yes, it is that way with all DAW. Do you know the tempo of the acapella? That is the most important part.

yap :d you can inseret many audio chanels as you realy need and after you finish you cand render your track

nah i dont know the tempo of the acapella, can find out thou.
the acapella is being recorded in a day or two, im just seting evry thing my end.
thankz for all the advice.

So the artist is recording to a different beat and then you plan on remixing it?

he got a beat i made. i sent that over to him. but he is guna send just the acapella back to me on its own. with out the beat behind it.
so i can mix it in and what not.
and as dont know how to do it(hense the post) im tryin to get as much info as i can on it.

Lil Loco said:
he got a beat i made. i sent that over to him. but he is guna send just the acapella back to me on its own. with out the beat behind it.
so i can mix it in and what not.
and as dont know how to do it(hense the post) im tryin to get as much info as i can on it.

Well, if he is doing his vocal over your beat, then the a capella is the same tempo as your beat.

If you did your beat on a computer based sequencer, just load the vocal track into the sequencer and mix them together.

If you did your beat on a hardware sampler/sequencer, you can either try to load the vocal into your sampler and sequence it that way, or you can import the vocal and the beat into a computer sequencer or harddisk audio sequencer (or any sequencer that deals with audio... any one will do it... it is the most basic function of a sequencer) and layer them together.

all my beats are computer based at the mo.
so could i use sonar 5 for what i want to do. just put it on another layer and line it up that way?

if you sent them the beat and they recorded the acappella based on that beat i dont think it will be a problem with the tempo but i also recomand to use ableton live 5 ..... it's the best

Klash said:
if you sent them the beat and they recorded the acappella based on that beat i dont think it will be a problem with the tempo but i also recomand to use ableton live 5 ..... it's the best

there is absolutely nothing better about Abelton Live 5 when it comes to simply mixing a vocal on top of music... especially when you are talking about a vocal that was recorded specifically for the beat that is the same exact tempo as the beat.

there is absolutely no reason to recommend abelton Live 5 over the program he currently uses (other than that you personally like to use Live)... it will not serve his purposes any better in any way.

so now with two completly diffrent stand points im still confused.
so carry on using Sonar 5 to mix in the acapella or use Abelton Live 5 ?

Lil Loco said:
so now with two completly diffrent stand points im still confused.
so carry on using Sonar 5 to mix in the acapella or use Abelton Live 5 ?

There is absolutely zero reason to use Abelton Live over any other sequencer for this purpose.

Abelton Live is a good program, but it offers no advantage when it comes to typical sequencing or mixing.

Abelton Live has some unique features for live performance and realtime tempo manipulation.

There is not one reason for you to waste money on another sequencer and to waste your time learning to use another sequencer just to mix a vocal in with a track.

Back