What is this vocal fx?

Czarkasm

Not sure if this is the right section but i'm trying to understand what kind of sound this is that comes in at 2:17.

Sounds like a pitched up vocal with a trance gate on it (I think that's the right term) and maybe reversed but I couldn't replicate anything too close. Could anybody shed some light on this? Thanks

Not hearing any reverse in it. I'm assuming it's just some chop vocals with gate panned. I'm also hearing some grain delay in it. My 2 cents.

square wave lfo modulated gate on a heavily phased spoken word segment - the phasing makes it seem to be pitched and the gating adds to the perception as you are only hearing part of the phasing over the whole pattern

this is from 1979 so using the term trance gate would not be appropriate

Not hearing any reverse in it. I'm assuming it's just some chop vocals with gate panned. I'm also hearing some grain delay in it. My 2 cents.

Never heard of a grain delay until now but seems pretty cool after doing some research on it.

square wave lfo modulated gate on a heavily phased spoken word segment - the phasing makes it seem to be pitched and the gating adds to the perception as you are only hearing part of the phasing over the whole pattern

this is from 1979 so using the term trance gate would not be appropriate

Thanks, I need to play around with phasing more, something I haven't even touched.

Back