what type of strings are these?

T

TrebleWitoutAPause

im having trouble finding a tytpe of string. so i start makin a beat and i program these swinging drums and i got this ILL ILL soulful in string melody in my head to go to the drums and it works perfectly when i hum it over. only problem is i cannot find this type of string/strings in reason and i hate when this happens, ill hear the illest in my head and not be able to get it down. i kno exactly what notes are in the meoldy and everything 2! the strings im hearing are the same ones in john legend's "number one" (originally in curtis mayfield and the staple singers' "let's do it again). does ANYBODY know what type of string/strings this is? all help is rly rly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to break down and buy a string library like Miroslav, garritan, etc..

try to search in Sampletank them boyz got heat and stringz too

yeea word..but i have reason which doesnt host VSTs

buy another host and rewire into that. Then you have all the strings you want.

ditto on the suggestions below, try east west too.

ight thanx but i dnt have that kinda money at the moment to buy a host n vsts....has ANYONE listened to the song and does ANYONE kno wut kinda strings they are or how i make them in reason?

if u have version 3 they will be in their, just gotta tweak them a lil more to get it 100% if not get some refills and sound fonts off the net.

Use sf2 (soundfonts)... there are some cool ones out there, like on ********.... also, you can create your own, if there is a part of that particular song where you can rip just a single note of string out or somethin'... or you can tweak existing strings...

I've got a load of soundfonts that I have put together too... If you have ********, I've unpacked all of my soundfonts, instead of having them zipped, because I am contantly using them, but they are shared. You just have to add sf2 files to be accepted in ********, and then do your searches for sf2... you could find a bunch of great stuff...
I've got over 600 mb worth of soundfonts, so, I don't really have enough space on the web to put them up somewhere, or else, I would put them on a site for ya... let me look into that though, maybe I can find someplace to zip em up and put em.
Lata,
Mike

Ight for some reason it put those asterixes in when I typed out a certain program that shares files and stuff, so, I guess they are thinking that I am giving advice to rip somethin' off or whatevah, shees, it's not illigal, all the sf2 that I got off of there are created by other people...
anyway, I was talking about a "wire that is Lime"... now put the word that begins with an L and put it in front of the word that begins with a W and leave out any spaces so that it is just one word, and that's what I was talkin' bout...
L8a
Mike

lol, a wire that is lime. Is there a way on Limewirê to browse just one person's file library? I'm gonna check out the program tonight see what it about. You got any nice accordian or harmonica soundfonts?

Expans,
I'll have to check and see what I have in accordians, I do have one SF, that has a little of everything. It comes with Finale2006 (which I use to compose). If you don't have it, it's called, synthgms. It's supposedly takes the bestfrom Prodeus, Korg, and Yamaha. Fairly realistic sounds on some of them, and the Pads are great... The accordian is kinda sux tho. But, if you lay your accordian in it's own track and give it some reverb it will sound close enough to realistic.

Harmonica is basically the same story...

I can rip the two out and post them online somewhere for ya, after I take a nap (sleepless night)... I would give ya the whole synthgms for you to look at, but, it's a 26mb and I don't know if I have that kind of space or not, but, I will most deff take a look and see.

I might haf to build a Yahoo group and upload some o these files on it. Who knows, I'll figure it out.
Peace
Mike

centexdance said:

anyway, I was talking about a "wire that is Lime"... now put the word that begins with an L and put it in front of the word that begins with a W and leave out any spaces so that it is just one word, and that's what I was talkin' bout...
L8a
Mike

lmao for so reason i find this so funny hahaha, but good job on helping another out!

Back