What is this synth????

DjTricki

Two songs for reference...

It's a 'whoawow' kind of synth, if you listen to both songs you'll definitely know which sample I'm referring to, predominantly more present in the "2Pac - R U Still Down (OG High Quality)"

Any idea, feedback will be most appreciated! thanks.

Last edited:
In the second song it seems more a sample filtered with a LPF and some resonance, but the trick works at the same way also for waveforms and synths in general. That wha-wha similar effect can be achieved assigning an LFO or an envelope to the frequency of a low pass filter. If you use Kontakt or Absynth it's very straightforward to perform this kind of stuff.

you refer to the sound that mimic electric guitar with wahwah?

Yeah, in some say, the effect sounds like from a guitar pedal though, but I'm clueless on the sound itself

In the second song it seems more a sample filtered with a LPF and some resonance, but the trick works at the same way also for waveforms and synths in general. That wha-wha similar effect can be achieved assigning an LFO or an envelope to the frequency of a low pass filter. If you use Kontakt or Absynth it's very straightforward to perform this kind of stuff.

Thanks. I don't use either of those plugins. You think you could pull it off if I hired you?

Back