What sound is this??

It's a synthesizer patch designed to sound percussive and a little dull. I've heard them before in a couple of my software synths, but never used them because they didn't sound this rich.

Likely that richness and complexity is all through effects. Which means it isn't some magic synth that can't be identified. Scroll through the presets in your synths until you find something that is close.

I think I hear an added harmonic, like the synth has a second voice pitched higher. I think by a 4th? Possibly a major or minor third, possibly just a second quieter performance above the fundamental that's quantized to be perfectly in time with the original. A second performance could give that ringing harmonic sound while not adding strong harmonics outside of the key of the song. It would also explain why some notes have more of that harmonic feel and others have less.

Notice how the first of the three rhythmic hits in a series sounds muffled and quieter. It sounds like a low-passed EQ that is automated to pump. There might be a little phantom sidechain compression there as well. Filters on a synth could do this, or you could manually set it up with basic mixing plugins.

Back