What are some good vst's for panning?

What DAW do you use? Some make it easy with automation and functions within the devices supplied.

Example, in FL you can apply pan to individual notes in the piano roll, in Pro Tools you have the TL Autopan plug in, and in Reason most devices have pan options in LFO settings. Most daws will also allow pan automation which is fairly simple.

You don't need a vst for panning. It's just done in DAW.

There are some stereo width tools, which can be used to make sounds wide relatively transparently, is that what you mean?

actually there ar few different autopan vsts that allow you to program a specific panning pattern to apply over time so the question whilst a little out there is a fair one

Since you mentioned FL Studio in another thread, I assume you have FL?

In FL, you can use the Fruity Love Philter, set it to default and turn off the filters, and go to the LFO section and turn on pan LFO - autopan. This would be the most simple way OTB with FL plugins I think.
If you want a more specific pan pattern like BC described, you can instead use the envelope-section for the pan on the Love Philter, make a custom envelope, and set it to loop.

Or you can actually set an automation clip to act as an LFO, so you can just add an automation to a pan knob. Though I see no need to make it that way, but technically you can.

If you looking for vst, try PanMan by SoundToys.

Last edited:
The two Autopan VSTs I use: PanCake from Cableguys & MAutopan from Melda. Both FREEWARE.

Don´t get me wrong. I have nothing against a manually setup that automates panning inside the DAW but for more complex stuff especially if it should be in sync and for more complicated patterns I favor a dedicated unit like the ones I mentioned.

Cheers
Sebastian

Last edited:
Back