What should I use to get a middle-eastern type string sound?

Noizemaker

I need a very foreign esque string sound with a good "sliding" effect for a project I'm making. I'm not sure what program/vst I need or how I should do it. I have FL Studio 10 and all the stock VSTs with it (Sytrus, Sakura, Toxic Biohazard, Wasp, etc.) if those might be of any help. I know its probably a simple sound, but help a n00b out!
Thanks. :)

I didn't have anything that specific in mind. The tone should be similar of that of the B string on a guitar. Other than that, I just need it to be capable of "sliding" between pitches as well as plucking, and a little vibratto would be nice if possible. Just going for a general "middle-eastern" vibe sound, nothing specific. Hope this helps. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

I also have Massive if that might help....

---------- Post added 08-12-2013 at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-10-2013 at 10:04 PM ----------

bump...?

Well, Syntar sounds pretty good. I would still like to have that portamento/slide type of sound but I may have to do without.

On a side note, NEVER open up more than one application of Syntar in FL Studio, it caused mine to crash about 3 times. The way to do it is to use the same one in multiple patterns and then arrange the two patterns over each other. Never use two in the same pattern.

Well, Syntar sounds pretty good. I would still like to have that portamento/slide type of sound but I may have to do without.

On a side note, NEVER open up more than one application of Syntar in FL Studio, it caused mine to crash about 3 times. The way to do it is to use the same one in multiple patterns and then arrange the two patterns over each other. Never use two in the same pattern.

Free vst's are unreliable.Use the pitchbend wheel for the slide.

You can still automate pitch bend - look up automation clips - pitch bend for more info (either in the Fl manual or at n00btube or goggle :))

Back