What Program Do YOU Layer Drums In???

rando

I'm sick of most of my drums and I wanna make my own etc. and I was thinkin about doing this in Audacity.

What do you use to layer drums??

Reason 3.

Make a Combinator

Insert 5 Mixers and 5 Redrums.

Flip the screen over, and attach the individual channels. EX

Mixer 1 has Redrum 1's 1-10 channels into it. And etc.

Remember that when you trigger a kick on channel 1....ALL Redrum channel 1 kicks will be triggered.

etc etc..

Would you recamend me layering drums in Audacity....or is there a better route??? I use FL 6 btw........

PlanetHitzProduction said:
Reason 3.

Make a Combinator

Insert 5 Mixers and 5 Redrums.

Flip the screen over, and attach the individual channels. EX

Mixer 1 has Redrum 1's 1-10 channels into it. And etc.

Remember that when you trigger a kick on channel 1....ALL Redrum channel 1 kicks will be triggered.

etc etc..

LOL why would you do that when you can just use 1 mixer and add many kicks on the same redrum but different channels and link them together so when you hit one it hits the others.... =/

I'd like to edit where I can actually see the kick (wave) and I wanna wait until I get a MPD 16 to mess with the FPC.

its easier to do it in FL, and you can see the waveform in FL too, easier to do it in FL cause then you can edit the kick as you make the beat

the fpc is nice, but i stopped using it....and i dont even know why, sometimes ill just put a couple kicks depending on the sound i want out of it and just route it to the same mixer channel, i dont always do it like that though

InfamousKlassactt said:
LOL why would you do that when you can just use 1 mixer and add many kicks on the same redrum but different channels and link them together so when you hit one it hits the others.... =/

I did that way for years. Looking for new ways to stimlate creativity :D

Seriously.

Here's why.

I don't like to use up all my Redrum channels by gating. And I'm getting into live drum sounds. Various dynamics are needed, not to mention various timbre's are need of a sound

Step 1.

Step 2 (select the channels u want to layer and set them as children use the layer channel to trigger both sounds these sounds can be put on different fx channels)

layer is the easiest thing u can use in fl lol all u gota do is insert the sounds u want and layer them no spendin extra money u can go crazy pan them to the back of your ass and flangerize the hell out of them bit destruct and self dominate them b!tches

jus use layer lol

PlanetHitzProduction said:
You must be VERY happy then. :D

Battery is a brilliant program.

oh yeah.. battery is the deal.. i dont know what rando was talkin about i love the layout its very intuitive

Reason for me. I created a template called ( surprisingly ) drum layering.

I have the 10 redrum channels routed to a mixer via an EQ. It's all I need really. I then just call up my sounds and layer away, tweaking the EQ if I stumble upon some nice stuff. I usually have Wavelab open too, so I can record the samples straight into there live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back