What preset/vst is used in these Kid Ink songs?

digidoc

at 1:36, there's a high-pitched pad(?) that comes in. I hear this usually in electro/house music, but this one has more punch to the sound.

at 0:22, also the synth that comes right at the start

It's gonna be hard to identify a specific "preset" or VST used in a commercial song dude. Unless the producer(s) reveal that in some way or you're there watching them. The synth at 22 isn't anything complex, you could do that with almost any synth. If you're looking for a preset that comes close or to work off of, try Sylenth1. There are quite a few free preset packs around the web for it as well.

As far as the swell in the song goes, it's too quick for me to identify even with it up loud. Find something similar in an EDM song, find a tutorial (which won't be hard), then automate it so it "swells" up to a certain point.

It is either sylenth1 or nexus, more likely both. typical dj mustard sound
I made few kid ink/dj mustard sounding presets, pm me if interested in getting those (you will need sylenth1 2.2.1. in order to open them)

Attachments

• 2001 MASSAN RUSS COSSON PLUCK.mp3
    373.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
It is either sylenth1 or nexus, more likely both. typical dj mustard sound
I made few kid ink/dj mustard sounding presets, pm me if interested in getting those (you will need sylenth1 2.2.1. in order to open them)

Could you send me those ? :)

Sounds like a Nexus2 preset from XP Dance Vol1-3. I don't know but you could recreate it with a reverbed square pluck if you don't have any VSTs.

I heard DJ Mustard got a moog sound sent to him by an actual producer so he didn't (ACTUALLY) produce the track. It's a typical, generic radio DJ Mustard crap, why would you want to sound like him

Back