What motivates you when you have producers block?

Take a break, listen to music or really just mess around with beats. Usually after messing around for at most an hour, I will have something I will like! :)

Dude honestly, I need a midi keyboard. I only have a MPD32, so making melodies is a pain in the ass lol

I like to listen to genres I dont usually listen to in order to get past the block sometimes. It inspires to do something different and push my creative limits

For me I just come on here learn what I can and try to put my own twist to it
Im still just starting out so I havent master my own twist just yet but it always helps to keep an open mind
otherwise I just step away and do other stuff until something sparks in my mind which usually doesnt take a long time

creative energy is not harnessed by force. best thing is to probably focus on other aspects in life... and then when once inspiration strikes you, you'll know what to do...

I always know. Either im going in or i need to step away the keys and spend my time doing something else productive.

smoooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Seriously just taking a break helps

Take a break for a couple hours or days and listen to some music you wouldn't normally listen. Works for me.

I'm not sure there is anything that can be done. You make music because it's in your nature to do it. Sooner or later inspiration will strike and you'll have no choice but act on it.

For me personally I have learnt not to force anything. If a track isn't working I try to just let it go. I have had tracks that I started working on, they went well for a while. Then I've got into a state where the track didn't make any sense. I've left it for weeks... months, then one day, out of nowhere found 1 tiny thing that suddenly makes it make sense. Maybe I added 1 sound, or took something away. 3 hours later the tracks finished.

Trying to force something for the sake of timeliness is great for business but Im not sure it is relevant for making good music. Unless you want to explore making a track in a very short space of time intentionally...

Last edited:
I just bang my girlfriend. I make her go in a certain rhythm relative to the beat I'm working on. Gets the creative juices flowing.

JK I drink a glass of scotch.

Last edited:
I think of my life and family and my past which usually gets me back on track or I just take a break for a hour or even a day or more.
Cheers!

Get away from the computer and do something else for awhile. Half the time idea just come to you when you least expect it. Sleeping also helps :)

Back