What made Maybache music 2 such a good beat?

T-Pain Voice on the track made it hot the way he did the hook. And the Overall layering of the sounds there are alot of different horns and small synths in the background, like the guitar in the background but only at certain parts, also the transition to and from the chorus is dope.

Just my opinion

There isn't really any one thing you can point to, which is generally the case with really good music from top producers.

It's basically a bunch of things that sound good, you can tell they paid proper attention to each individual part.

That song was crafted let me say it again CRAFTED. In other words paying attention to Detail. Notice how the bass guitar actually sounds like a part a real bass player would play, the articulation of the notes for example. Same with the drums. Maybe he used a real drummer maybe he did not but you don't need a real drummer to make good parts like that as we all know. You just have to think like a drummer. As in all the parts of that song. Notice the horn parts you can tell when he takes a breath they have to breath LOL. Also that song is what I would call a bit different from the norm of what is being played in hip hop today. The instruments have a live type of feel not the standard 32note snare rolls or booming 808's (which by the way I like). They say try to be different. And being different is not necessarily inventing a brand new sound or groove. But bringing a sound or groove back that was here before just ask P. Diddy or Mr. K West. And we all are taken by something new or different. But it all goes back to Detail. Just take your car to a drive through wash and then a month later take it to a Detail shop, and notice the difference. Sure it took 2 hours or more and not 20 minutes. PEACE

Last edited:
If you listen closely each part is tailor made for each rapper. the beat changes with slight cues that represent each rapper as they do their part while still maintaining the basic melody so you barely notice.

these justice league dudes are just having fun with it at this point.

Music will always carry one basic rule forever and that is if its good music more likely it will get recognized that way more than criticized for being underachieved. The song was free from the normal producing routes others take and was aiming to portray that hip hop can speak to real musicianship. Really Hip Hop has no boundaries that's why it has lasted so long. So when something like Maybach music is introduced it keep the critics saying Whoooaa? Where did that idea stem from. Its one thing to fit in with radio status, or keeping it original, but more importantly being a trendsetter.

Find BeatsByJule on Soundclick

Back