what kind of sounds/instruments do most south/crunk songs use?

Everything Instrument you can think of Can be used a Crunk Song you just gotta make it crunk

Synths, Strings, horns whatever it dont matter

Cyko said:
Everything Instrument you can think of Can be used a Crunk Song you just gotta make it crunk

Synths, Strings, horns whatever it dont matter

and how do u make it "crunk"

D1G1T4L said:

and how do u make it "crunk"

I'm not being smart or an ******* BUT

if you have to ASK how to make any type of beat, you shouldn't attempt making it... it's inherently bound to sound like nothing more than an imitation.

Any type of music is natural. I disagree w/ characertizing any type of beat into a distinct region a la West coast sounding, East coast or Dirty South. Yes, they all have certain characteristics, but aiming to make a particular type of beat cuts off creativity.

I'm from Philly... so all of my instrumentals will sound like it... that's what's in my blood and what I grew up with... but I don't TRY to make a Philly/ East Coast track... that's how it may come out... but when I make a track, I want something hot, not West Coast, East Coast...etc.

kid848;
This is an important question though....

"How do you make Crunk? ...or Gogo or Reggae or Jazz?"

In Western European Music training, these other musics like Crunk or Gogo are just styles, flavors and they are used to spice up your thang. But the truth is just as you said in your message that these musical styles come from a certain group of people froma certain place at a certain time. I'm not even gonna trip on them being Black people or Black musics either.

But, what I'm getting at is this idea that there is a recipe that makes a particular kind of thing. Three dashes of ***** or Hoe and you got a Hiphop track, two dashes of Iman or Selassie I and you got a Reggae track. For people who know what it takes to make this music/these musics, we know that there is far more than what meets the eye or ear. It's about a way of thinking.

So, you gotta ask yourself, what were they trying to do? ....say? Cuz in all truth, we could all be making the exact type of music world wide. Why do certain people do certain things? Why do certain people live and think differently than I do? Those are the big questions.

Peace.

Back