What inspired you to produce...?

i was born to a producer and in everything that i do in this world is producing music i have the ability and i'm passionate about the music it is something that is in my heart, at the back of my mind, something that drives me. that's why i want to study sound engineering but for the fact that i don't have money eishh, some body please help this cat to make the best of the music industry.

I always wanted to produce. Since I had my first keyboard, I always wanted to do beats. But I really wasn't getting any inspiration from anyone. No one was really making anything I wanted to hear, besides Tim, Kanye, and Pharrell & Chad. I always made 3 beats a day. And then 2006 struck. I moved up from 27 beats a week to 35 beats a week. And the reason why...... THE RUNNERS.

Well laugh if you want but i played the viola as a child, then scarface and ice cube made me want to rap. i always heard music in my head and in 1996 my partna had an eps 16+ and i made a few tracks but neva took production seriously until i heard mr. Timberland. Look Dr. dre is the reigning god of hip hop but if anyone could challenge his throne it would be timmy kanye is dam good but tim is like the most innovative of our time so Timberland made me want to produce

hmm... well i guess it started with my moms boyfriend. He is bigtime into music and all - he produces some stuff. At this time, I started to get into hip hop alot, and started following it - etc. After time - i started to DJ, this is when music became my first love. Watchin my moms bf produce - I always thought it was coo to make ur own music - and people like neptunes, timbaland, dre, etc. - they influenced me to produce as well. So - i just started to produce, and i dug it alot - i liked how ur behind the scenes (hate attention), im able to vibe with my love (music) - and really do what i want to do. After hip hop music took a slump for a few years (in my opinion) - djin started to not be fun anymore. I feel like i cant express myself cuz i have to cater to the people who want to hear music im not feeling and think is crap. I cant play things anymore - djing is jus not fun anymore - it's work now (and i hate that thought). Producing - man im jus doin it for me - im free, i can express myself. I take my time, I set my own pace, keep myself entertained and happy ya know? So - thats why in past 2 years or so - ive been more into producing than djing and i made the transition to more producer than dj. So - thats what i wanna do - produce....

Back