What genre and hows it made?

There's a bass there which is a simple saw/square pluck (a bit like a deadmau5 arp) with a heavy sample rate reduction (bitcrush) on it.

There's also some kicks layered with something white noisy but probably not actual white noise. My guess is it's a sample with reverb, bounced, then chop off the reverb tail and use as a kick layer.

Hope that helps.

That bass sounds totally different to me, it's an 808?
Maybe it's a different sound I'm thinking about

That bass is a 808. I thought it would be able to do the same thing as what the other bass does on the other video above.
If adding an 808 to that other sort of bass.. they wouldn't match or go would they? there would be no way for them to callab would there?

Last edited:
No idea what genre this would be considered, sound about 70-73 bpm.. you get that first slow drop that makes you want to BUCK and bob your head then half way through he takes out the snare and adds a double time kick to makes you want to jump around.. he is really fusing alot of different sounds and is staying far away from any conventional structure.. really dope track!

This is EDM Trap/Post-Dubstep. The arp is a low-pass filtered saw, I'm pretty sure the bass patch is as well, with some bit crusher on it. The drums are not straight 808 they are EDM trap patches. You can mix 808 with 909s to achieve this or just get an EDM trap sample pack. The arp on the drop seems to be somewhat of an organic string (violin, cello) that was sampled and the way you make the vocal lead is by sampling a very small instance, such as "Doh", throwing it into a sampler plugin and playing it in there. Hope this helps...

Last edited:
Back