At what frequencies does sub bass usually rest?

wowfilter

Also comparing the db to drums, how loud is too loud and how do you personally make your sub? I sometimes see people low pass a square an octave higher than a sine.

Last edited:
16hz - 60hz for me, You don't here below 20hz, but you still can feel and that's what the sub is for, only in RARE case is that different.

Last edited:
My mistake, but my bass starts at 30hz and that's a frequency that as a tone and the sub is not usually for that quality. As i said before the sub is for feeling and to fill up the low end and too give the track a additional sense of presence. But there's is 2 very important things I realize most producers wont tell new producers (1) "THEIRS NO ONE CORRECT WAY TO MIX" & (2) "IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE GENRE OF MUSIC YOU DO"

I'll give you another gem "IT'S WHAT YOU IN VISION FOR THE TRACK"

Last edited:
30-60hz. and how you make them depend on the genre of the song. How "loud" you make them, I just put them a few db below the kick's overall db.

The key is to EQ it and the rest on the instrumentals (vocals if any), from you have done that it should fit great in the mix (Volume should be set to your pleasure).

16hz - 60hz for me, You don't here below 20hz, but you still can feel and that's what the sub is for, only in RARE case is that different.

Don't think it's really necessary: 64Hz would make a pretty decent sub by itself, at a push you might do one octave down (32Hz) but two octaves down (16Hz) is getting a bit silly

:cool: Will I respect your view, but you will learn, and for the last time, "THEIR IS NOT ONE WAY TO MIX". But there's a thick line (not a thin one) separating average producers for greats. I am only learning the "SET RULES" :-)berzerk:) of mixing to break them.

Do what every you want....

:cool: Will I respect your view, but you will learn, and for the last time, "THEIR IS NOT ONE WAY TO MIX". But there's a thick line (not a thin one) separating average producers for greats. I am only learning the "SET RULES" :-)berzerk:) of mixing to break them.

Do what every you want....

I'm sorry, man. But "theirs, their". Who you're talking about?

When you high lighted "Theirs", The quote was "Theirs no one way to mix" (and then you asked who am i talking). I was stating a fact...

When you high lighted "Theirs", The quote was "Theirs no one way to mix" (and then you asked who am i talking). I was stating a fact...
Oh wow, LOL!
It's "there is" or "there's", not "theirs" in this particular context. That was Ddream's polite way of spell-checking you and correcting your usage.

Last edited:
:) I released didn't care too change it since the message got brought across. Typing is such a drag
7555c51e4f8e2cfbe011f7fbf384e566.jpg

Oh wow, LOL!
It's "there is" or "there's", not "theirs" in this particular context. That was Ddream's polite way of spell-checking you and correcting your usage.
I honestly wasn't trying to correct him. I didn't understand what he said. Because we were talking about a thing and then "theirs" appeared there. It got too much confused to my brain. But anyways, I got the whole idea now. Thanks!

I'd say 15-20 Hz can't usually be heard but can be felt. 20-40 Hz can be heard/felt in headphones if it's loud enough. 40-60 Hz can usually be heard and felt if the cutoff frequency of the speakers isn't too high. A lot of speaker have a cutoff frequency of 75 Hz, so anything from 75-100 is going to be felt and heard. 125 Hz is where a lot of stereos and headphones will do a parametric bass boost.

Back