What is this chord progression?

that particular review leaves a lot to be desired, raising all sorts of doubts as to how well it can truly handle chords or harmony work in general and my own understanding of what melodyne can do (from having read the manual at length) leaves me doubtful as to how well it can handle chord id on the fly, something that the human ear has no problem with doing once trained - for ideas on how to train your ear to do this, see teoria.com.

There has been very little advance since the early days of neural network identification of chords using very simple source material (mostly sine waves at the requisite pitches for a specific chord/type of chord) - most systems then and today fail once presented with complex harmonic structures where the overtones of one note within the chord were actively clashing with the fundamental or overtones from another note within the chord

PS, the id and writing down of the chords took less than a minute

Last edited:
my experience with that site is that it is less than useless - wrong keys, wrong chord types, etc - I guess it depends on the quality of the input, but when putting in a released/top40 song it seems to have real issues deciding key (both times it was out by more than 3rd from what the actual key should have been) and has trouble tracking anything other than plain major or minor triads

my experiences are documented in some other threads here at fp

Last edited:
google it but short version audio processing sw that has some features of autotune (a later occurrence)

Back