Weak Bass Line

Hmm, I always wondered about getting hardware. It's just so damn expensive. But for powerful bass... well quality bass is priceless right? :)

So does hardware bass or sounds for that matter always exceed software? I could see it being more powerful for some reason, but isn't a soft synth a replica of the hardware? I just might do this as a separate post entirely as I always wondered about this.

Good software emulates the math that's in hardware... People just like hardware because it's 100% dedicated to that and there's no risk for lag/problems. Not to mention a LOT of hardware can never be emulated.

-Donovan

I agree with oALTAIRAo’s last post. Some hardware can be emulated and some can not. Software has come a long way, but still you’ll get more dynamics, warmth and punch with some of the best HW synths out... like the Minimoog. But, and here comes a big one, you don’t need a Mini to get good bass. As I said: Save for a Juno-106. It can store patches and have MIDI control. It isn’t that expensive and it has a famously nice sound to it. If you can go further up in price, you could also look at the Korg MS-20. They call the MS-20 the poor mans Moog – a great supplement, but not exactly the same. Regardless; a Juno-106 will kick ass.

If reason can’t record audio, buy Acid Music (the smallest version). It’s super-cheap in price and can record audio with sequencing and MIDI-control, which you SHOULD be able to import in Reason. If Reason can’t import audio files, you should seriously consider changing platform or see if the latest 3.0 can do it. ;)

Sweet bass tips. Bass is where it's at. You can have a track that has just good bass and it's almost automatically kick ass. You guys ever hear that new Ying Yang Twins track 'Wait 'Till You See My Oh!' ? That is just bass and basic percussion. Or the Neptunes 'Drop It Like It's Hot'. That's so minimal but serious bass. Sweet stuff. I'm gonna work with subtractor a bit more and see what I come up with.

Back